Interview tomorrow!

Options
krissagirl0709
krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
Okay so I have a work-study interview tomorrow through school as a parent-student advisor but not sure how I should dress for this as Ive never done an interview like this before..should I go for casual school attire or professional dress attire?

Replies

• kjgarcia
    kjgarcia Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can ever go wrong with professional attire......Good Luck!!! :)
  • BloomingLily
    BloomingLily Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Do you know what the dress code is (if there is one)? Maybe you should go with business casual if you don't know.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Definitely professional.
  • flyawaybyebye
    Options
    Yes, professional attire, definitely. Always err on the side of being professional. Even though it's just work-study, it's good practice for your professional interviews in the future!
  • kimbux
    kimbux Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yes, professional attire, definitely. Always err on the side of being professional. Even though it's just work-study, it's good practice for your professional interviews in the future!

Agreed - and could be the difference in whether or not you get the job! Good Luck!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Professional
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    thanks im so excited for it, its encouraging young parents to continue on with there education and Ive been a mom and student for 5 years so I know how! I will be working with helping alot of teenage parents looking into post secondary and stuff like that if I get the job. I have no idea the dress code pretty sure its casual since most of the other work study students are but for the interview I want to show how much I really want this job, Im so passionate about teen moms going on and creating a better future so Id love to have this position!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Lucky! :) Is it hard to get a job from work-study? I really want one of those.. I'm not sure if I can update my FAFSA for spring semester and do that. I've already gotten my rewards. It's my ultimate plan next fall. Really hoping for something like a receptionist job...
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    This & Good Luck!! :)
  • flyawaybyebye
    Options
    thanks im so excited for it, its encouraging young parents to continue on with there education and Ive been a mom and student for 5 years so I know how! I will be working with helping alot of teenage parents looking into post secondary and stuff like that if I get the job. I have no idea the dress code pretty sure its casual since most of the other work study students are but for the interview I want to show how much I really want this job, Im so passionate about teen moms going on and creating a better future so Id love to have this position!

That's awesome! Good luck - it sounds like you'd be the perfect fit!