128 Lbs to Lose

Options
Hi everyone my name is Tonya. I'm 39 and I'm a Type 2 diabetic who has 128 pounds to lose. It has always seemed no matter what I do that I cannot lose weight, so we'll see how well I do with MyFitnessPal!

Replies

• tyrsblade
    tyrsblade Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    right there with you. track your food celebrate your victories and forgive your defeats. start walking. Today I got a bonus 400cals just from a fast paced 30minute walk.
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    welcome, I have 102 lbs to lose.
  • larat71
    Options
    Hey, Tonya! Welcome to our little family! We're all here to be healthier and happier. I can tell you from personal experience that if you are diligent in your food logging and stay within your range, you WILL succeed on here:) I tried several different "diets" before I joined MFP, and they didn't help. But after a month on here, I have lost more than I did in 3 months n the other ones! So, stick to it and add me if you need another friend to help along the way!
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Tonnenator. It is a great place for support and encouragement. I still can't believe it is free with all you get.
  • keddabee
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I've been on here for a few months and love it. Switched my addiction from food to MFP! Cant go a day without it and when I do its like my world is falling apart LOL!

I have over 100pounds to loose as well. Im in NZ so we go in kgs but I have about 60kg's to loose.

Feel free to add me as a friend :) its always great to have chit chat with friends who are in the same boat. Everyone here is so supportive and I've made so many great friends by doing this!

Good luck xx
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i started wiht about that much too. this time its different for me. in the past i'd go all in at the start. workout 6days, eat a certain amount of calories no alcohol etc...it would go great for a month or two then i'd get burned out and quit.

this time i started with weightlifting 3/week. no cardio, continued to eat fast food etc... then i started adding in cardio after a couple weeks. then i'd slightly pay attention to my diet.. then id go for a calorie goal and now i try to make each meal healthier and healthier.

this gradual increase has really worked for me. took me 2 months to get up and running and now im in my 5th month and i dont feel deprived/ready to quit.

i know its different for everyone but this seems to be working for me. good luck!
  • newzgirl
    Options
    I find that counting calories is the only way I can lose weight. My Fitness Pal helps you successfully count calories, so I think you will do great as long as you keep counting and you get into in a steady workout routine.

Best of luck to you!!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP!! You have gotten lots of good advice here. The Tracking Tools for your Food and Exercise are two of the Keys to Success.
    :happy: Consistency and Perseverance are the Other Two Keys. Even if you mess up, immediately get back On Track. Don't wait until "Tomorrow" or "Monday". Start with your Next Bite, or next Decision to work out.
  • sledds
    sledds Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am new to this too and have about 70 to lose. So far everyone seem so supportive, it is great. Feel free to add me as a friend...
  • Ritala1987
    Ritala1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    welcome!!!! i hope mfp helps you out in your journey to a healthier you!! you will get all the encouragment you could possibly want here, its amazing. feel free to add me as a friend, i try to be as encouraging as i can!!! :)
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 and have a boat load to loose too. (I'm over 300 pounds)

Add me!
  • Sierramist
    Options
    Hi tonya,I wish you luck ,it's not easy but you can do it,I too have a lot to lose 130,it's a long road but we are worth it.
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site, I was (guess maybe still am technically) a T2 diabetic. That diagnosis scared me straight lol. I lost 60 pounds and it seems my pancreas is much happier. I am off the meds and got my a1c down to 5.2. YOU CAN DO IT. Maybe try not to think of it as "128 Lbs to Lose", break it into smaller goals that are faster to obtain, this will keep you motivated. If you can stay active and make some changes to your diet, it really helps...

Again, good luck and welcome, feel free to add me as a buddy if you like, I love any chance I can find to share what I felt when my doc said I slayed my diabetes monster...
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I've found it very helpful just keeping track of my food. I hope that you have a wonderful experience here. ENJOY!!!! Feel free to add me. if you'd like.....

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • NPetrakis
    NPetrakis Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    you can do it. I too want to lose over 100lbs but i find i can't focus on a goal so far out. So I set 20lbs goals and for me the process was more gratifying. So far I've made goal twice ( 50lbs gone ) and am working on the next block. T2 diabetes can be beaten from what I've read. There are specific diets out there modeled for that very purpose. You can do it!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Welcome and enjoy your stay!
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    Welcome!!! This site is awesome for support ... I know it seems you have a long way to go now, but set smaller goals so the end result doesn't seem so far away

Friend request sent! :)
  • cararq
    cararq Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Tonya! Best wishes for you and your journey--and you WILL succeed!! :smile:
  • patience842003
    Options
    You can do it! My friend and I have thought the same thing but she's lost 13 lbs so far and I've lost 7. It can be done! Feel free to add me.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I am definitely sure you can do that! :D I'll be cheering for you til you reach your goal! :drinker: