Plyometrics Training?

Options
I would like to incorporate Plyometrics exercises to my workout routine.....in hopes that it will boost my weight loss. However, I need some ideas. I'm pretty much clueless at this point as to how to gradually work it in.....any ideas?

Replies

• Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I would not do an entire workout based on plyometrics just yet.. if you're currently cuircuit training or resistance training, I would incorporate 1-2 plyometric exercises into my routine and take 48 hours in between plyo days to allow your muscles to repair...I would also wait about 2-3 weeks before taking that number up to three or four plyo exercises. Hope this helps!
  • pristinebutterfly
    Options
    Check out the Beachbody INSANITY videos. It's a 60-day program of plyometrics and it will KICK your booty! :)
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Plyos are a great finish to your lower body workout - a beginner move is to simply find a low step and jump off, landing softly. you can progress to 2 foot jumps, just bend your knees, jump explosively upward and land SOFTLY, immediately repeat. I do only about 5 jumps then rest until i get my breath back. Use good form, abs engaged. These are really taxing and give you a great after burn. You just want to add them gradually to avoid injury.