Get most of my calories at dinner - how bad is that?

Options
Hello!!

I'm fairly new. As I was looking through my diary (2 weeks) I really started to notice that my dinner calories are so much more than anything else. Curious - how bad is it to skip a meal and load up at night?

Would love to read any thoughts and recommendations!!

Brookie

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    not bad at all assuming you are maintaining a caloric deficit

btw: i do the same thing, dinner is by far my largest meal, like close to 50% of my cals
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    It's not bad. I love to do this and it works for me. Sometimes I have 200 cals throughout the day (in coffee/milk/sugar) and have my other 1000 for dinner. It doesn't matter when you eat your cals as long as you stay within a deficit.
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    < Dinner is usually biggest meal over here too. Functionally for my day it just works better for me, also my appetite is naturally low until about 3 pm, and don't let people feed you the "it slows your metabolism" BS because that's just what it is, BS. What the others said about getting your macros/calories in > out is what you need to worry about, not meal timing.
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is bad, but don't go all day without food. My biggest problem is after diner when my husband sits and pigs out. that drives me crazy
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I like having big dinners, it usually helps me knock out for the evening.
  • natachan
    natachan Posts: 149
    Options
    I do this too, simply because dinner is the only time I can actually sit down and cook something proper. Breakfast and lunch have to be really quick, so dinner is usually the only "real" meal I get.