Sleeping Better

Options
Call me crazy, but I think losing weight has made me sleep better. I used to have terrible insomnia some nights, where I would just toss and turn until about 2 am. Now I'm consistently sleeping like a baby, and insomnia is no issue. I also have almost no need for an afternoon nap.

Has anyone else experienced the same?

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Me too. I find working out wears me out and I sleep a lot better.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Yes absolutely! I've have insomnia all my life....little did I know, all I had to do was workout daily and problem solved!! Feels great to catch a good night's sleep doesn't it? Good job!
  • sweetxsour35
    Options
    Yes absolutely! I've have insomnia all my life....little did I know, all I had to do was workout daily and problem solved!! Feels great to catch a good night's sleep doesn't it? Good job!

It's amazing!
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    This is normal. Don't worry, you are not crazy.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I am too, but I think its the exercise!
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    well no,
    not sleeping at all it's 2.45am here, wasted 4 hours in bed tossing and turning then got up and started doing some data entry overdue for work.

the problem with this cycle of insomnia is that i am over tired and making excuses not to exercise.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    My sleeping patterns have been much better since I started working out daily almost seven weeks ago. I go to bed earlier and I feel more refreshed the next day because I got in some more sleep. Lately I have been sort of exhausted even after sleep long nights but I think that has something to do with the weather and a weekend of drinking aha. It does feel good to be working out and getting proper sleep though. :)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful side effect of your weight loss! Healthy body, healthy mind :D
    I'm so happy that you're able to sleep better!
  • kristitampl
    kristitampl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Since I have been working out, my sleepless nights has been history.
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    excersing has defiantly helped me sleep better at nigth and all the way through.
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    oh yes! on days when i exercise i'm more tired at night and i tend to fall asleep earlier and sleep through the night. unless my cat decides to jump on my stomach xD but also whenever the weather starts getting colder i tend to sleep better because i'm not waking up roasting so it might be a combination of the both. but i can tell that since i've started working out almost daily just over 5 weeks ago my sleeping has improved dramatically
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!