The Shred - what is it?

Options
A friend has a DVD for a 20-min workout called the Shred. Is that what everyone is talking about? She got her DVD at Costco about 1-2 yrs ago, no longer avail. there, but did say it's available for $7 thru Amazon. Wondered if this is the same thing. Can anyone tell me about it? What it does? How it works? I hear there are levels - you work your way up. Yes??? Thanks for the 411. Judy

Replies

• Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred (30DS) is a workout DVD by Jillian Michaels. It has three 20min workouts, level 1, 2 & 3. For the first 10 days you do level 1, then level 2 for 10 days and finally level 3 for 10 days.
  • Phroggygirl1
    Options
    The Shred and The 30 Day Shred, if done by Jillian Michaels, are the same thing, if not they are different....
  • val205
    val205 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    So now you know - there are heaps of people on MFP doing a 30 day shred challenge in November. I'm on day 4 today and am just being able to walk again haha!
  • judykritikos
    Options
    YEP - that's the one. I heard it's earned is reputation.....not walking for days! lol I'll check Amazon and see if I can get it there. Thanks - sounds interesting. Fits right into my plans to shed 13 more lbs by end of year, the 1,000 minute challenge, and the 5 ls lost in Nov challenge.....they all fit together nicely. Thanks much for all your confirmations that's the one. Judy
  • AprilFool68
    AprilFool68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just bought that one about two weeks ago at Wal-Mart (so it should still be available). There was also a yogo one by Jillian Michaels.
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Yoga Meltdown by Jillian Michaels is awesome!!! I have almost all of her DVDs, and love almost all of 'em! Great workouts.
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2, still sore from day 1. She's reaching muscles that don't get worked walking, running, swimming or doing hand weights. Ordered mine from Amazon, fairly cheap, and arrived in the mail 2 or 3 days later.
  • NumberOneBL
    Options
    Chapters has it too, but it's $15 from there which I'm sure is a little pricey compared to Walmart or Amazon.
    Highly recommend it! Plus the yoga meltdown one is killer too.

Enjoy/Good luck!
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    StrawberrySuzyQ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I got mine at Target. Sometimes they have sales on their fitness DVDs. You could check there, too.
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I checked it out and walmart.com has it too!
  • judykritikos
    Options
    Okey doke - Amazon delivers! The Shredder is on it's way! thanks for the 411
  • judykritikos
    Options
    Oh - I checked and they do have it....it's $2 more. Whew! Thought I blew a bundle. lol
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I did level 3 day 8 today....and I try and do it twice a day if I don't make it to the gym.....It's a good workout!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I like to do two levels back to back, it doesnt matter which, I just like doing them! they are my fall back if I know I cant make it to the gym, I just wake up a bit earlier and do them! they work for any fitness level, it can just push a bit more if you are more fit . You will love it!
  • ShanaJo87
    ShanaJo87 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I got it from Amazon for $7. but it can also be found at various other places as well. I am currently doing it for the month of November.