busy mom trying (again) to lose the weight

Options
I lost 40 lbs a few years ago, but this year I let 20 pile back on. I am trying to regain my motivation and not give up completely on fitness. I struggle to stick with my goals after the newness wears off. I would like to exercise consistantly, monitor my food intake and stop emotional eating.

I want to join a challenge group, but they all seem closed or in the middle of the challenge. Any suggestions to find and join one? Also, I'm looking for some mfp "friends" to help keep me accountable.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Welcome feel free to add me :-)
  • EmmieSu
    EmmieSu Posts: 136
    Options
    Add me too...Mother of 4...need the motivation..
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 lbs a few years ago, but this year I let 20 pile back on. I am trying to regain my motivation and not give up completely on fitness. I struggle to stick with my goals after the newness wears off. I would like to exercise consistantly, monitor my food intake and stop emotional eating.

I want to join a challenge group, but they all seem closed or in the middle of the challenge. Any suggestions to find and join one? Also, I'm looking for some mfp "friends" to help keep me accountable.:flowerforyou:

Contact someone in one of those groups and let them know you want to join. There are always people dropping out. And if you get on their waiting list when they start up a new one they will notify you.
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Id love to help. I am starting a p90x challenge group on the 15th and your more than welcome to join! I think most would let you jump into something underway as well. What are you looking to do challenge-wise?

Other than that, feel free to add me...ive been known to nudge folks :)
  • mhburton1987
    mhburton1987 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just joined myfitnesspal today and can totally relate with you. Last year around this time i started a boot camp with a trainer and a few other people, i lost the baby weight that i had been wanting to lose and i got in the best shape of my life. Unfortunately I got way off track over the summer and have gained all the wieght back. I too would greatly appreciate having accountability and challenges. I'm not sure how all this works just yet, but i would love to talk more.
  • wallyflogg
    Options
    i am too a busy mum wanting to lose weight, i am on day 2 of a 4 week challenge which is easy enough to follow you can add me if you like :)
  • ellefun
    Options
    add me too .. im a new mom. 5 month old baby. =) dongive up !
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too.