beer...liquor...wine?

Options
Which of the 3 do you prefer? What is best calorie wise? i love my beer but when I logged the calories the other day I never realized how quickly they add up. I do drink light beer but when you have 10 to 15 those calories add up! Lol just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this...

Replies

• stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Daily I like my Coronas

Every once in a while I enjoy a glass of Remy Martin.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a refreshing White Zinfandel spritzer with soda-water, fresh lime and lemon...
    I do though enjoy a good crispy cold Stella Artois - but that I have to preplan ahead because of the calories... the carbs are actually not that bad!

I do love a good Bud Light with my burgers and steak tips..

And..... my ALL TIME EVIL ADDICTION: I want my top shelf PATRON margarita to go with my chile rellenos and soft shell tacos... I cant have a margarita without the patron - I will purposely budget ahead to enjoy that luscious drink of love!
  • honeybadger175
    honeybadger175 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My weakness is red wine but the calories are high there too. Vodka martinis are better when watching the caloric intake.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Gin & tonic is fairly low in cals
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Oh you hit on my weakness...Im pretty good at drinking beer. I did switch to much higher quality beer and far less :) I think you need to give yourself a little reward for an hour of dripping sweat while the little 90 pound 20yr old girl running the boot camp barks at you... maybe thats just my own hell, i dunno... but a hot shower and a pull off a keg of a fine Oregon microbrew in a frosty mugs makes it all worth it :)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Oh you hit on my weakness...Im pretty good at drinking beer. I did switch to much higher quality beer and far less :) I think you need to give yourself a little reward for an hour of dripping sweat while the little 90 pound 20yr old girl running the boot camp barks at you... maybe thats just my own hell, i dunno... but a hot shower and a pull off a keg of a fine Oregon microbrew in a frosty mugs makes it all worth it :)

Brother, that would be a mug of love - to bask in the glory of local frosty brew.... its a match made in heaven!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Yellowtail red wine, but my self control with the stuff is AWFUL.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    ALL OF IT
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Life's too short to worry about calories in booze. if you're gonna drink booze, just enjoy it. ... I personally like all of it...what I drink depends on the circumstance. If it's during the day, beer, usually at night liquor if I'm at the bar or something...but lately I drink just one beer at the bar because I can't afford to drink more. lol And wine...well lol I don't drink it often but I do like drinking it.
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    Try Vodka with soda water and a slice of lime :) it's great! and very low in cals.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Liquor. Shots man all the way. New favorite drink is a 3 wise men, how I make it is:

1 part Jagermeister (fav)
    1 part Jack Daniels
    1 part 100 proof Southern Comfort

Tasty. It also is not super high in calories (save for the Jager), because its just the alcohol, not to much extra for flavor
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Shots ...or vodka and sugar free lemonade...both drinks are 69 calories ..so can sneak a few in lol :P
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    White wine :) I save cals for it. I also like Smirnoff Ice coolers in the summer. I think the light ones are about 90 cals. I admit I usually buy the regular ones though.
  • blinker712
    blinker712 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the tips n ideas! i guess i will just try to save a few extra cals when i know im going to be drinking! what about jello shots thats like a snack and gets you whacked ha
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    1 6oz wine/ 1 beer/ 1 shot has the same amount of alcohol. Depending on your state.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I don't indulge often, but when I do, I don't give a hoot about the calorie content. I am not drinking to fill up cals on my diary, after all. That said, I love rum, and it doesn't matter what it's mixed with, cause I've never tasted a rum drink I didn't like. I also like wine, both white and red. I have this awesome stuff from Huber's Orchard & Winery (an awesome farm near my old house in Indiana) that's a seasonal wine they have this time of year called Spiced Apple Wine. I love that stuff! It's like an alcoholic apple cider. :) I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I will partake in it when there's nothing else and everyone else is having something.

It's a good thing I don't drink often, though. I don't tend to stop until I'm off the chain drunk...
  • Brahma22
    Brahma22 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya....of all the things that I need to give up or limit from my diet, I just don't want to quit beer. It did take me a long time to say that I don't WANT to quit it, I used to say I just can't give it up....but I now recognize it for what it is, my weakness. I just put in a little extra time on the elliptical or a few extra laps in the pool so I don't feel so guilty about having those beers. Reward yourself. Enjoy.
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    I drink every night so caring about the calories is really a lost cause but I try my best to save room in my limit for it
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    This might seem weird but I find that drinking beer is the easier in terms of weight loss. YES! It is higher in calories than vodka lime and soda or other spirit+low cal mixer options that are out there... but I find if I drink the spirit+low cal mixer, I drink more (faster) because it they are easy to drink and I also end up seeming to eat more.

If I just drink 1-2 beers I can sit and drink it for an hour and enjoy it, and I tend to drink far less. That's just me though! If you are going pure cals though, 60 calories approx for vodka + soda + slice of lime is probably one of the best (and nicest) :)
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    beer all the way. few cocktails once i a while. :drinker: