H2O Consumption&Balancing pH levels

Options
Wanted to share this awesome info regarding drinking the right amount of water and amounts of sea salt you should consume through the day in order to balance your Ph levels. Unrefined sea salt is very important and is filled with nutrients your body requires. Found this is very interesting because a lot of us neglect getting the right amount of unrefined salt that our body needs to work properly.

In short the link states:

-Quick way to determine how much water you should drink: take your weight and divide by 2, drink that amount but in ounces. You should consume half your body weight of water in ounces. If you exercise or live in hot area you will have to increase your water intake levels. Teas, coffe, beer, etc do not count as sources of water.

-Maintain the Proper pH Level for Your Body by Balancing Your Salt/Water Intake: consume ¼ tsp. per quart of water (4 cups) you drink daily. You can put the ¼ tsp. of sea salt in your water, or season your food with it, as it is suggested, or lick some off the palm of your hand, and then drink some water. Don't take in all the salt in one or two sittings, spread it out through the day as you drink water.

-It is Important to be Sure You Are Getting the Right Kind of Salt: Good quality of sea salt contains more than 80 trace minerals. If it does not list minerals on the back, the odds are that you have just bought expensive, prettier packaged table salt. Avoid refined salts (table salt), it contains additives like potassium-iodide, sugar and aluminum silicate.

Unrefined sea salt is what you should look for. It contains 98.0 % NaCl (sodium-chloride) and up to 2.0% other minerals (salts):

* Epsom salts and other Magnesium salts
* Calcium salts
* Potassium (Kalium) salts
* Manganese salts
* Phosphorus salts
* Iodine salts

Source: http://www.aqua4balance.com/Healthy-Diet/water-intake-facts/how-much-water-do-you-need-to-drink-and-how-often.html

Replies

• darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I'll have to remember to discuss with my doctor next time. I am really watching my sodium intake since I've noticed I go over 2500 on a lot of days. But, I rarely ever add salt to my food… there's just a lot in stuff! I wouldn't want to make a potential problem worse by adding sea salt, too! I really like the idea of the naturally occurring minerals, though.
  • Llilia17
    Llilia17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is very good information.

Any kind of refined food is usually not to healthy for us. When you grocery shop stay to the outside of the store not he isles. Stay away from prepackaged foods and anything that has tons of additives and things you can't even pronounce.

Try to buy organic when you can.

Meat and eggs should be free range, cage free, organic, grass fed, no hormones and no antibiotics. Fish should always be wild caught not farm raised. Try to have fish in your diet at least twice a week for the omega 3's.

The only problems with eating this way is the expense and preparation time. There is no convenience in cooking healthy but on the bright side you can always prepare foods ahead of time.

There are so many items out there that state they have antioxidant abilities like green tea. Also, items to detox your body. If you think about it .... if you eat the right things to begin with you won't have to use antioxidant and detox items in the first place. * Just saying *
  • Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options
    I have DualKidneys® technology... They take care of everything from me! pH, plasmatic osmolarity, Na, K, Ca and all kind of ions... I also have an Hypothalamus™, which actually tells me to drink some water when kidneys need it!

:flowerforyou:

PS: Nicotine, cocaine, opium they are all organic... I should get some then :laugh:
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    That really isn't a great article. That calculation for the amount of water you need to drink is a good guide for people at a healthy weight and possibly people who are only slightly overweight. Once you start getting obese and morbidly obese people, the figure that calculation produces is too high. And considering this is a weight loss forum, lots of people are going to be in that bracket. But in reality, your body will tell you if you're not getting enough water, so there is really no need for silly calculations to determine how much water you need. If you find yourself thirsty a lot, you need to drink more. If you're not thirsty often, you're doing fine.

Also, the trace minerals found in sea salt are in such low amounts that you would have to eat unhealthy amounts of salt in order to get any real benefit.