Women Only! Guys will not know...Sorry guys!

Options
Hey, I was just curious about this... Have any of you experience a change in your monthly cycle since the start of your workout and also have any of you experience the symptoms of getting your monthly but don't get it after you have been doing ab workouts?

I have been doing 30 Day Shred and I get the feeling like I am going to start but I don't. I started working out on September 23rd and my last monthly came 4 days late. I am just curious if anyone has experienced this.

Replies

• aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Mine did go weird.. as in it didn't go away .. for FOUR WEEKS and then I missed it...and I haven't had it since(Its been two and a half weeks without) I am on the pill, and they ended up having to increase the amount of estrogen in my pill. So we will see what happens in a week and a half when its supposed to come again.
  • ShanaJo87
    ShanaJo87 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Glad I am not the only one. I am currently 2 days late, but I am not worried too much about it.
    My chest hurts and it is even harder to do 30 Days with it hurting due to you jumping. I just want it to come so I'm not in pain in that area anymore.
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    since MFP I haven't had my period at all... (since august?) currently getting that checked out by a doctor but diet and exercise is the only really thing they think that could be causing it (I exercise about twice a week and eat pretty normally for the past 2 months, haven't got it back yet)

It makes sense though from a primal perspective. Your body is starting to think there is a limit in the available food. That it's probably not a safe environment to get pregnant or raise a child in, so it comes late/not at all
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I notice that my back isn't as sore and that my flow is a lot lighter.
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Very normal, it happened to me for a few months at first, now I am like clockwork and have never been so regular in my life. I could almost set my watch to it. Give it some time and you should level out.
  • ShanaJo87
    Options
    since MFP I haven't had my period at all... (since august?) currently getting that checked out by a doctor but diet and exercise is the only really thing they think that could be causing it (I exercise about twice a week and eat pretty normally for the past 2 months, haven't got it back yet)

It makes sense though from a primal perspective. Your body is starting to think there is a limit in the available food. That it's probably not a safe environment to get pregnant or raise a child in, so it comes late/not at all

I'm glad your getting it checked. I exercise almost every night. Any where from 20 minutes - 60 minutes. I've cut my calorie intake down from about 3,000 calories a day to 1,400 calories.
  • ShanaJo87
    Options
    Very normal, it happened to me for a few months at first, now I am like clockwork and have never been so regular in my life. I could almost set my watch to it. Give it some time and you should level out.

This is how I usually am. I knew down to the time that I was going to start! but now its i have no idea!
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    my cycles were 7 days apart! good fun! NOT!
    anyway since change of diet and excercise the last 2 cycles have been 28 days apart...which feels like heaven to me lol
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Why do say men wont know? I do believe there are Gyno;s that are male and KNOW whats up. Your body is in a flux of change. Suck it up and let it go. 'nough said...
  • ShanaJo87
    Options
    Why do say men wont know? I do believe there are Gyno;s that are male and KNOW whats up. Your body is in a flux of change. Suck it up and let it go. 'nough said...

Ok so your right on that one. I wanted to know if anyone has experienced it, which guys physically cannot.
  • Kslice39
    Kslice39 Posts: 146
    Options
    Diet(as in eating healthy) and increased amounts of exercise DO effect a womans period no matter who she is or how much weight she has to lose. You can look it up on google it's pretty interesting but as your amount of exercise increases so does yor period, they are parallel. It's VERY common and has to deal with hormones and all that jazz lol. Bu totally google it, it's interesting.(I think anything about the human body is interesting lol!)
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    just changing my diet to mostly fruit and veg didnt effect my cycle at all but adding exercise seems to have made it a few days late and given me a back ache which is very unusual for me. Cramps and such were about the same just the mild backache is different. Only other time Ive had a backache with my cycle was when on the morning after pill but that was just freaking awful. Could barely walk for a week from those super hormones :_O
  • shanzee_b
    shanzee_b Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Since I started working out my periods have become lighter and the last 2 months I have started eating around 2000-2300 calories a day and exercising 5 days a week, my period came on sunday and was very light and finished in a day.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    mine did the opposite. before i started working out, i hadn't had my cycle in like 8-9months (not pregnant) but as soon as i started and got to loosing weight, it started to happen regularly each month, grr :( i enjoyed the break but i'll take the health :)
  • jezmarie89
    Options
    ive had mine for over a month now ... annoyingg
  • ShanaJo87
    Options
    I found out what was wrong with me :)
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I found out what was wrong with me :)
    what??
    I haven't noticed any change other than whilst exercising, no cramps, stop exercise, 5min later, cramps!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    ive had mine for over a month now ... annoyingg

Highly suggest you see a doctor asap.