24 y/o - ready to lose the xtra lbs!

Options
Hi!! I'm tossing out the notions that I'm "big-boned" and have "always been a big girl". NONSENSE! I'm looking to keep up on watching what I eat, not snacking, and doing some sort of physical activity every day. I love being active but always wonder what others are thinking...

Call it a work-out and I'm likely to avoid it, but I enjoy a few strength exercises at home and have always had a competitive and even athletic side. I've tried a gym routine and was never able to sustain it. I've always been an emotional over-eater, but the first step to solving a problem is admitting it. Well, I've done that and am ready for the next step.

With this website and support from the online community I am positive I will persevere! I would love some MFP friends :)

Replies

• xomodern
    xomodern Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good way to start! Don't let the notions that you're a bigger person get in the way. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it. :)

Feel free to add me, btw.
  • Annaquin
    Options
    hi :) im student of nutrition and let me tell you..
    you have an awesome way to start loosing those calories..
    :D but yes you could have snacks.. could be fruits like oranges, tangerine, or check wich fruits are low calorie ;)
    snacks are very helpful to lose calories.. they keep working your metabolism :) sorry 4 my bad english
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I've told myself that I don't have the frame to look like *that* but I can still look good with my frame, I'm not using that as an excuse to be a little overweight anymore!
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm large boned too! No really I am, but I also let myself get fat. But with this place and other things that I am doing, I am well on my way back to where I used to be...thin. Welcome!! You can add me if you like, and I will help you as much as I can!! Have a great journey here.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I hope you enjoy your stay on MFP! Feel Free to send me an invite