Do you ever get burnt out? Some current personal stuggles an

Options
Ok so I have been solid with MFP since July and have lost about 10 pounds. That in itself is a huge accomplishment for me but gosh damn I didnt realize the absolute commitment time and patience it takes to just lose that!! This whole weight loss thing is an eye opener to say the least. Now dont get me wrong, its a wonderful process and I am learning alot about myself, but right now I feel like the light at the end of the tunnel is a million miles away and its frustrating!! :explode:

It seems for me I attain the most success when I stay home and focus focus focus and never leave the house except to go to work and excersise.When I start to go out and hit clubs and concerts, the alcohol starts then all the bad habits return like smoking, eating, fast food, and giving myself the excuse that I have " worked my butt off so its ok". Not that I am much of a partier anymore, but recently I have hit some concerts and parties and have consumed a fair amount of alcoholic beverages and we all know how that makes us feel :sick: Another thing is if I go over my alloted calories for the day I go into denial mode and stop logging stuff cause "whats the point".

I had a great time but now that all the parties are over I feel tired and ****ty. I loved the feeling of being in total control of my food intake excersise and dropping weight weekly and latley I feel I have succumbed to my old habits that kept me fat and out of shape. About a week or so ago I decided to take a "break" from MFP for a "short time" and not log or weight myself. Now I feel like crap and I need to get back on the ball again.

I guess the crux of this rant is that I am mourning the fact that I cant do the same things I used to do because it throws me completeley off track. I want to enjoy things I used to do but I dont think I can anymore. :sad:

I am confused :huh: and thanks for listening to my rants. Feedback / advice is always appreciated. Namaste

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    i always get burnt out :/
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    This happens to everyone.....at some point... Sometimes we have to really sit back and think ...... u didntl gain the weight in a week and ur not gonna lose it in a week neither....u will meet ur goal honey , dont worry in due time u will be in the success story part of mfp.... but guess what ... 10 pounds is also awesome...good luck on ur journey...and stop beating urself up....i struggle ... u struggle... its life....smile

I think that if u set mini goals ....that ur process would seem better ...looking at the big picture is sometimes really scary...:wink:
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    i was very burnt out on Tuesday to the point i though i was going to be sick , i only did a light excercise when i felt i should of just been resting, lesson learnt thats for sure!
  • donnapyke
    Options
    Hey, how you going, i don't know if this will help, but someone once told me, if you eat 3 meals a day and 2 snacks that is 35 meals a week, if you have gone overboard on one day, you still have 30 more meals to make up for that one blow out.

So you go out and get your party on every now, cause we are all here to live life to our fullest capacity, so if you blow it one day, just cut back a little on those other 30 meals, or maybe exercise and extra 10 minutes on your work out sessions.

It is all fixable, and at the end of the day, if you really want to get down to the nitty gritty, one bad week out of 52 weeks isn't the end of the world.

Keep up the good work, i know you can do it :smile:
  • razorspells
    Options
    If you fall down, stand up and try again, baby steps and eventually you will reach your goal. You CAN DO it!
    It's not about the destination, it's the journey :smile:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Not to sound harsh but if you're really commited to this, you have to make it part of your social life too. You must know that those events are coming up at least a week in advance, right? So eat really well all week and get your exercise in (including the day of the event if you can) and drink your water. When youre out, try to limit your drinks a bit and/or make more low cal choices like light beer and liquir mixed with diet soda. Not sure what you're drinking but pretty much anything mixed with regular soda, sour mix and/or syrup in it is going to really blow the calories away, as you probably already know.

Then the day after the event force yourself to get on track even if you're hungover and just want to eat junk and lay on the couch all day. Eat a good breakfast and get your butt moving.

I'm sure that sounds like simplifying the whole thing but that's how I try to tackle all my social events.. Doesn't always work but I do my best!
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    If you fall down, stand up and try again, baby steps and eventually you will reach your goal. You CAN DO it!
    It's not about the destination, it's the journey :smile:

YES!