Newbie and sugar question?

Options
Hi all,
I've just started with mfp to try and lose 10kg and curb my unhealthy eating.

I've been going way over on my sugar ration though. Even thought in trying to be healthy. Where could I be going wrong ?

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I stopped tracking sugar awhile back because I have so much fruit!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I've been going way over on my sugar ration though. Even thought in trying to be healthy. Where could I be going wrong ?

if you eat a lot of fruit it can put you way over sugar, this is not necessarily a problem , it all depend on how sensitive your body is to it.

if you are going over but losing just find don't sweat it. if you are going over and not losing look at the amount of fuit or starches and cut back a serving or two and see what happens
  • ColdGlassOWater
    Options
    Don't worry about the sugar. Your body knows what to do with it. Even if you eat only sugar but keep within your calorie limit, you'll still lose weight!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Excess sugar will not cause you problems with weight loss provided you are still in a calorie deficit.
    If you have a medical reason to keep your sugars low then by all means you should obviously do so.