Pants?

Options
Will wearing pants that are too tight inspire you to lose weight, or just hurt?

Replies

• Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    No, I don't wear them if they are too tight. I'd much rather wait till I can BREATHE in them....

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I like 'em tight, but not too tight. If they're uncomfortable, I won't wear them or I'll be grumpy and miserable the whole day. Feeling grumpy and miserable doesn't motivate me to do anything but complain. :laugh:
  • inspiration345
    inspiration345 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    They will hurt, leave marks on your body and potentially rip plus they don't look flattering- just magnify the worst parts of the body even more.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I wore mine too tight for years and spent a lot of time, money and doctor's time investigating IBS and food intolerances because of chronic gut pain and irregular toilet habits! :laugh: Never again, I won't buy the next size down until it's truly comfortable.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I believe this is all "mental" for me. But, if I am wearing pants that are loose then I feel like I have lost weight and I get inspired to work on more weight lose. Pants that are too tight just make me feel like I haven't accomplished anything.
    Does this make sense?
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Tight pants are not a good idea, your body will naturally swell a little as you eat and drink, so they will get tighter through out the day and that could be miserable. I know that my pants falling down is inspirational to me, forgot my belt yesterday.
  • flyingv555
    Options
    I won't wear pants that are too tight - there comes a point where they just don't look good on you if they don't fit well. On the other hand, I won't let myself wear sweats very often because I'm afraid they'll let me get too comfortable as I expand and try less. Over the last ten years, I've been many sizes - down to a size 6 in the past few years and as much as up to a size 14 a little farther back. I've been able to find jeans in all of the sizes from 6-14 that have looked nice. On a comfort level, I wouldn't wear pants that are too tight because they just don't feel well, you don't feel comfortable and they leave terrible red marks on your belly!
  • flyingv555
    Options
    It makes sense about when your jeans feel loose! When my jeans get looser after a few wears, I think, "Ooh, I must be doing well!' Even tricking myself into thinking I'm showing results helps me make decisions about food/exercise.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I use my pants to maintain my weight. Pants that are getting too tight are a sign that it is time to have a good look at what I am doing or not doing. I refuse to buy bigger pants.......so if I do not want to be uncomfotable, I have to lose the weight......or get naked ;)