any rec's for exercises for tummy fat?

Options
I'm on the stretch of my last 8lbs and I'm starting to realize that there is still at least 15% of body fat locked into my stomach! I know I've had it there all my life, and just 8 months of training isn't going to make it go away like that but I'm wondering if you guys have some tricks on how to tighten up the stomach? I've been really killing it with cardio, but I know I should be doing some serious strength training for my abs/stomach. I'm not looking to get really cut at this point in time (I'd like to do that when my body fat is a little bit lower) but any suggestions you guys have would be great!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, a consistent caloric deficit will eventually lead to a less stomach fat.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. You could look into Interval Training instead of straight cardio. When it comes down to it, it is a matter of diet, as many say, abs are made in the kitchen.
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    planks (regular planks, side planks, etc.) will help you tone up your tummy. And keep with the calorie deficit and cardio. Unfortunately, thats the last to go for most people...
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You should give Insanity a try..... it will take care of that tummy!
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    ^To build on what the PP said, you can't remove the water from only the deep end of a pool. It's got to come from all over, so keep doing what you're doing.

Also, movements that use your core in addition to larger muscle groups will strengthen your 'stomach' muscles in a more complete way than crunches.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    You need to go old school like Jean Claude Van Dam in Bloodsport and have someone drop a coconut on your stomach from 30 feet in the air while you're laying on your back.
    In all seriousness, try HIIT and keep going with a calorie deficit.
  • cdemoura14
    Options
    Just to add, I'm not looking to spot reduce. Looking to do total body along with some exercises that forte in that area. I definetly know after all this time I can't spot reduce! :)
  • cdemoura14
    Options
    You should give Insanity a try..... it will take care of that tummy!

I've read alot about this, I think I'm going to look into it some more. Thanks! :)