I give up

Options
Wow - so, after thinking I had been super good and been hungry almost every day for the last month (really decided it was time to try hard to be better with my food) Imagine my despair to see that My weight loss over the last four weeks has been: week 1:put on 3lb, week 2:lost 2lb, week 3:put on 1lb, week 4:put on 1lb. So - I've put on 3lb….. great.

I've been cyclying a few times each week and had the following net calories: 228 over, 161 over, 160 over and 193 over. Okay - so they are all "over" my target - but still about 300 calories a day less than what I "should" be eating to maintain my current weight. So a 3lb increase over those 4 weeks is the opposite to what I was hoping for. I don't want to lose weight rapidly, I just want to change my lifestyle so that I don't put weight on, (hence I am not busting a gut to be under target - I want to achieve something that is mantainable from here on, forever) but it just seems impossible. How can my weight have GONE UP when I am so hungry and have already changed SO much?