Hi, my name is Beth and I am a sugar addict.

Options
I've been doing so well with meals and snacks and exercise...until Halloween. I got a taste for sugar again and I am craving it beyond belief. What do you do when you crave sugar? Thankfully there isn't a lot in the house, but I am so tempted to stop and get a candy bar when I am at the store or even some chocolate covered espresso beans when I pass the coffee drive through. Thankfully I don't. Thanks for any suggestions!

Replies

• macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I try eating chocolate rice cakes or a chocolate pretzel Special K bar when I'm craving sweets.
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
  • Regmama
    Regmama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I actually eat one or to fun size candys if I have a craving. That gets rid of the craving fast and it cost only 70 - 140 calories
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I eat the darkest chocolate I can find. It helps with my cravings and a square is only 50 calories
  • ColdGlassOWater
    Options
    Dont restrict any foods. if you want something sugary, please eat it. Otherwise you'll be setting yourself up for a disaster. Go ahead, eat whatever sugar you want/need and just log it.
  • coloradocuppiecake
    Options
    cold turkey is the way to go. When craving candy, they say to eat a pickle. Dont ask me why, but it works
  • crazysillydancer
    Options
    I eat an apple with peanut butter. I know peanut butter is high in calories, but it has a high nutritional value, the right fats and protein. And the fiber in the apple keeps me full. Together they're nice and sweet! Yet they can act as a mini meal when consumed together. Plus, it always curbs an ice cream craving for me!
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Cold turkey worked for me everytime. You feel like crap for a couple of days but it passes. If you're going to have sugar use it naturally as in fruits. The minute i start eating too much crap and sugar it's a downward spiral.