Any Canadian Vegans out there?

Options
I'm neither Canadian or vegan, but I have a mommy friend that is having a hard time finding non dairy and non soy alternatives for her intolerant 1 year old. She is having a hard time finding resources and "simple" products for a 1 year old to eat - cream cheese, butter, cheese, etc. She lives in Quebec......any suggestions, brands of foods or a good website/resource I can pass along to her?

TIA! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    where is she in quebec?

There's Marche Tau - carries all sorts of vegan dairy products.
    HealthTree as well. I would suggest she visits some of the health food stores in her area, or call them to see if they have what she needs.
    I have a vegan friend and she gets all her vegan dairy at Tau
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Well can she have goat cheese? That might be some help.. I have no idea what is sold in canada!!
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I'm not a Vegan but I am Canadian, I would suggest your friend just pop into local health food/specialty stores to see what they have for options. We have a few that I visit in my city in New Brunswick and they can carry different items from store to store.

She may also be able to ask the employees/owners of the stores if they know where she can better find the things she is looking for or if they can start ordering them in for her.