Weight watchers & mfp

Options
I began my weight loss journey after having my son. In march of 2010 I joined the original weight watchers Points and I lost a lot of weight. I became comfortable w/ the way that I looked and did not realize it was a lifestyle change so I began to sneak food in my mouth here and there and did not gain weight at first. It turned to me gaining almost of the weight back I had lost. I did maintain a 12 lb loss.

Nov 2010 I found mfp on my android phone. I was really dedicated and faithful and exercised like crazy!! i lost the weight i had gained back- reaching my lowest weight since maybe the age of 23 and I ended up giving up b/c I was not losing as fast as others on here and I became discouraged.

I joined weight watchers again in 2011- they changed to the new points plus plan and I ended up gaining so much weight on their new plan. it does not work for me. but now, I have found an application on my phone that allows me to use the old WW points system and I am incorporating it with MFP the two greatest things ever! today is day 2 of me not eating over my calorie goal in over 8 months! I have been struggling a long time with overeating and finally, I have found 2 programs that I can use comfortably and for free making this a SIMPLE lifestyle change. I don't ever have to give up I can do this for life and make better choices and be healthier.

I want to thank MFP for this site. I have not reached my goal but I know that I will! I'm excited to be starting this journey over brand new!!!

If there is anyone that is using mfp and WW that would like to sync up and be buddies to support each other, please feel free to add me!

Replies

• Ei1950
    Options
    I was in Weight Watchers years ago, before the Point system was even started, and was successful. I have a ton of WW cook books that I still use to make some of my family's favorites. Since starting MFP, I have lost some weight (it's only been a couple of weeks, so I'm really pleased), but I've noticed that I am always high on carbs and protein and low on fat. This is definitely a carry over from WW.

I've also found some of my WW recipes already listed on MFP (citing the cook book and nutrition info checks out). I am sort of combining the 2 programs, but still find it hard to consume enough fat grams and not go over the others. I have entered a couple of recipes, but didn't post them for the community (sorry!)

I'm in love with the app that lets you scan package bar codes so I can check them out and how they'll fit into the day's diary so i can plan a little bit ahead.

Way to go with your 2 days under calorie goal!! I'd love to hear back from you!
  • SarahLovesNick
    Options
    I'm in love with the app that lets you scan package bar codes so I can check them out and how they'll fit into the day's diary so i can plan a little bit ahead.

What app is it that you can scan barcodes of food and get the nutrition?
  • Ei1950
    Options
    Under Tools there is an option for MFP Mobile. Go in there to download the app. It's free.