The office

Options
Is it me or do people at the work place discourage you. I eat ubber healthy during the week and eat whatever I want on the weekends. So everyday at lunch I get comments like o Nicole you eat rabit food and bla bla bla and if I eat like pasta its like ooo your eating real food today? It really makes me so mad. Why do people even care what I am eating. Also they try to get me to eat the donuts and muffins. Grrrrrr

Replies

• NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Is it me or do people at the work place discourage you. I eat ubber healthy during the week and eat whatever I want on the weekends. So everyday at lunch I get comments like o Nicole you eat rabit food and bla bla bla and if I eat like pasta its like ooo your eating real food today? It really makes me so mad. Why do people even care what I am eating. Also they try to get me to eat the donuts and muffins. Grrrrrr
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I am lucky to work with a group of very supportive people who are pretty health concious themselves. I have it good! :drinker:

Amy:bigsmile:

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Eventually people will (hopefully) stop saying things.

There was one lady that I used to work with who would constantly say things to my friend and I. We would come in with salads and an apple and she would make comments about "Is that ALL your eating?" While she literally ate pizza, fried fish (from Long John Silver's), Hardee's, etc every single day. She asked me one time how long I had been married (3 or 4 months at that time) and when I told her, she said, "Oh just wait! You'll let yourself go before long!"

UGH.
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I always get the rabbit food comment. Even before I tried to lose weight, I always loved salad. I just say that eating isn't the only thing i like to do like a rabbit... :bigsmile:
    I also get the bird food comment because I like sunflower seeds.
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options

haha..that totally used to happen to me! now its just me and my boss, so she doesnt pay attention...

They are just jealous that you are ACTUALLY doing something... Most people want to loose weight, but are too lazy to try.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    12by311
    WOW! I would have been pretty mad. I have worked here for like 7 months. I dont care but sometimes it makes me feel extra guilty if I splurge on a friday and I get those comment ya know. You know what its the heavier people who say it and they eat like crap. I think they are just hating and wish they had the will power. They dont know what I eat all day and how much I snack!!
    Also what really annoys me is when people pass my desk and say your always eating! I am like One I eat breakfast , snack, and lunch here and two I am eating celery, yogurt, etc not chips!! Sorry I had to vent lol.... :)
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    That's what I have around me as well.

I work with people who don't work out, never eat healthy, go out to eat all the time, always bring in treats, and binge on candy/chocolate during our stress days.

They don't make me feel bad for eating healthy, but sometimes they'll make general comments that I know are aimed towards me, since I'm the only one that eats "healthfully". Sometimes it's a good comment, sometimes not and sometimes you know it's envy for being able to keep that part of your life going day after day.

It gets frustrating some days, but you just do what you do and be healthy. :flowerforyou:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Also what really annoys me is when people pass my desk and say your always eating! I am like One I eat breakfast , snack, and lunch here and two I am eating celery, yogurt, etc not chips!! Sorry I had to vent lol.... :)

Says the people who don't know anything about metabolism and that it's better to eat smaller meals throughout the day. :laugh:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm lucky. I work with good people who say things like " I wish I had your willpower" or "your pants are looking looser.

It makes me want to hug them!
  • Summarain
    Summarain Posts: 145
    Options
    Well on the reverse, I am the crazy eater @ work...lol. I eat like pizza and subs and chips all the time! Well I have stopped so much now. But I never picked on anyone who tried to eat healthy. I have to commend those who do eat healthy @ the office because for me its so much harder for me to eat healthy while I'm @ work then while I'm @ home. I just dont purchase things that I know I should not eat for my house, but @ work there are so much more opportunities to eat unhealthy. Someone is always bringing in something or going out to lunch and ask's you if you want to get something while you know full well you brought your lunch and instead you order Burker King anywayz. Its hard for me though. I have to get better with packing my lunch and If I do decide to eat out, to go somewhere where I can get something healthy.

That is just my take on it! DAMN THOSE VENDING MACHINES TO HELL!!!:explode:

Whew! I'm done, now back to work and chewing gum and drinking water...lol...:grumble:
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast, lunch and 2 snacks during my 8 hours at work. What my co-workers don't realize is: I can eat all that and still not come close to the calories they eat for breakfast and lunch.

It's all about learning, will power and the WANT to live a healthy life.
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I eat like 5 times a day at work..whatever!
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher...so that kind of crap is always around me (excuse my language). :wink:

I've resorted to eating in my classroom, so I don't have to be around it, and so I don't have to hear comment about the food I've brought in, and so I don't have to hear all the gossip...it's such drama, and it makes me stressed, which makes me want to eat more. UGH!
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky, we have a mini slimming club at work, so all the comments tend to be encouraging ones. Though some of they guys delight in trying to tempt us with pizza and fries. Thankfully the take away places nearby are not exactly the kind of places you'd want to eat from (sober).:wink:
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Today was soooooooooo hard...we had a Dessert Potluck. OMGosh!!! Everything was tempting, and it was so hard not to try everything, why I wanted to eat ALL of it!!!!!!!!!!! But, I was proudm of myself for refraining. Ate my healty lunch food first, and "let" myself have one treat. Aye Aye Aye!!!