exercise calories

Options
Do you have to eat your exercise caories? What happens if you don't?

Replies

• snowday
    snowday Posts: 31 Member
    Options
  • saskia
    saskia Posts: 31
    Options
    If you check the message board you will see there are loads of replies to this question.
  • naner
    naner Posts: 110
    Options
    I want to know too!!!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    look at the post called "For those confused or questioning eating your exercise calories"...it's on the recent posts right now (someone bumped it up)...but the short answer to your question is...yes, eat them lol
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I think its hard to eat all of them when you burn 500-1000 calories I would feel sick if I ate that much more. But it is suppose to work.

Alisha
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    probably the most oftened asked question and I asked it once myself....bottom line and bluntly-

YES YOU MUST EAT YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES

there is alot of info on this and to really appreciate the reasons for doing it you should read them...I dont know how to paste them here...
    but...if yopu dont want to read the info...then just do it for 30 days and you will see it works

be patient...this is fun if you let it be
    Dave:smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Short answer: yes, eat them. If you don't your caloric deficit will be dangerously large.

For the long answer do a search of the message boards. There are about a million great posts about it "for those confused about eating your exercise calories" is probably the best one.
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options

:flowerforyou:
    Go to the message board and click on general diet and weight loss help. There are a couple of real good articles I read all the time. I'm sure there is one explaining why you should eat your exercise calories.
    Pam
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Eat them. Or at least most of them. If you don't your caloric deficit will be too low, your body will starve, and the weight loss you experience will be only temporary (unless you plan to starve yourself forever) or you won't lose. Calories are fuel. You need fuel to exercise.