New to MFP

Options
Good morning all. I love this site, I'm hoping it will help me keep accountable. I am looking to lose 35lbs, but I'm taking little steps so I'm looking only towards this first five pounds so I don't get discouraged. I just started a holiday bootcamp at my gym two days a week and I have been able to go about 5 days a week. I am going to make this a habit and now to figure out eating healthy.
I have ulcerative colitis which makes eating healthy a bit of a conundrum for me. The usual eat more fiber, fruits and vegetables doesn't fly with me. I have to limit the type of fiber I eat and can only do fruits and veggies in very small doses and not on a daily basis. I am working on it though and I will see this through.

Replies

• Jessica2Skinny
    Jessica2Skinny Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp!
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I also have some digestive issues (Diverticulitis, IBS) and understand how frusterating it is to try to plan a good meal around all the restrictions. Good luck and be strong! If you are looking for friends to help support you, you are welcome to add me! :smile:
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Happy losing to you!
  • robin_bird_49
    Options
    Welcome!
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm sure you'll definitely lose the pounds you aim to lose... ;) Best of luck! Cheers :D