*Daily Challenge* Day one

Options
I'm going to be posting daily challenges to all of you on MFP! Sometimes they will be fitness-related, other times food related, but more often they will be ways to improve your life in general. I've been posing these challenges to myself, but I think that everyone can benefit! Here it goes, day one!

Daily challenge one:
Look in the mirror- find 5 things you love about yourself. Say them out loud... be proud of them.

Why?
Loving yourself is the most important thing. If you don't love yourself now, you may never love yourself. People have a tendency to focus on what they don't like about themselves which creates a very negative self-image. We are all beautiful and wonderful- it's time you convinced yourself :D You will be amazed at how good you feel.

Post after you've done the challenge! Feel free to post the things you love about yourself, or about how doing this made you feel. I hope you choose to accept this challenge! You will be happy you did.

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I hope you choose to participate :D
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    Bumping
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    What does bumping mean?
    I've seen it before, i just feel stupid asking =)
  • lightinurlife
    Options
    Thanks for this. I really beating myself up today and this helped.
  • mom2lyla
    mom2lyla Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Love it! My five things:
    1.) My smile--my eyes and nose scrunch, my teeth are white and straight, and I just look friendly and approachable.
    2.) My full lips--I don't know where I got them but I don't think I'll ever need a collagen injection
    3.) My crazy curls--my hair is au natural today. It took me 20-some years to come to terms with the curls but now I actually like them. A lot.
    4.) My butt--no matter how big the rest of me gets, my butt always looks firm and round, but not too round.
    5.) My feet--I don't know why but I just really like the way my feet look. They are petite and kind of cute, if you're into that sort of thing :tongue:

This was great--will be checking in for more challenges!
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Great! Here I go.
    My eyebrows
    My arms
    My lips
    My legs
    My good spirit :happy:
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    Bumping is like a bookmark so it shows up on your profile so you can find it again. When I first started Fit Pal I had no idea what it meant either.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Great challenge ideas!!

Things I love about myself today:
    1- good hair day =]
    2- face looks thinner
    3- shining eyes....I got lots of rest last night! =]
    4- arms are looking more defined
    5- smiling.....because the weather is awesome today!! =]

Thanks!! Looking forward to the other challenges!!
  • shovav91
    Options
    Thanks for this. I really beating myself up today and this helped.

I'm so happy this helped! I'm really hoping you feel better about yourself. Try to be your biggest fan, not your biggest critic. It only leads to a lack of confidence and stress :(
  • shovav91
    Options
    Love it! My five things:
    1.) My smile--my eyes and nose scrunch, my teeth are white and straight, and I just look friendly and approachable.
    2.) My full lips--I don't know where I got them but I don't think I'll ever need a collagen injection
    3.) My crazy curls--my hair is au natural today. It took me 20-some years to come to terms with the curls but now I actually like them. A lot.
    4.) My butt--no matter how big the rest of me gets, my butt always looks firm and round, but not too round.
    5.) My feet--I don't know why but I just really like the way my feet look. They are petite and kind of cute, if you're into that sort of thing :tongue:

This was great--will be checking in for more challenges!

This is a wonderful list! You are truly beautiful :D I love the details- you should make this a list and add to it every time you think of something new! New challenge tomorrow... hope you're ready! :D
  • shovav91
    Options
    Great! Here I go.
    My eyebrows
    My arms
    My lips
    My legs
    My good spirit :happy:

I love that you added your spirit :D
    A good spirit shines through everything you do!
  • shovav91
    Options
    Great challenge ideas!!

Things I love about myself today:
    1- good hair day =]
    2- face looks thinner
    3- shining eyes....I got lots of rest last night! =]
    4- arms are looking more defined
    5- smiling.....because the weather is awesome today!! =]

Thanks!! Looking forward to the other challenges!!

What an awesome list! You are beautiful :D I'm jealous of your good weather, it is dark and rainy by me. Enjoy the fantastic day! Live it with confidence :D
  • ondogirl
    ondogirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I will participate too. This is a hard one for me because I am my own worst critic. BRB with my list...
  • shovav91
    Options
    Can't wait to see your list! :D
  • ondogirl
    ondogirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    1. My ability to forgive easily. This has made life easier to deal with IMO.
    2. I have really improved my level of patience as I have grown older.
    3. My never-ending curiosity...I am always learning new things (every day).
    4. My lack of pride. I have been told that I am pretty easy to talk to/get along with because I welcome constructive criticism and other help from people. Some (my husband) have said I am kind of naive about this, but whatever...
    5. My ability to see the beauty in pretty much anybody. I do not just mean physical beauty. I love uniqueness in people, especially kids. The world is a weird and fascinating place.
  • shovav91
    Options
    1. My ability to forgive easily. This has made life easier to deal with IMO.
    2. I have really improved my level of patience as I have grown older.
    3. My never-ending curiosity...I am always learning new things (every day).
    4. My lack of pride. I have been told that I am pretty easy to talk to/get along with because I welcome constructive criticism and other help from people. Some (my husband) have said I am kind of naive about this, but whatever...
    5. My ability to see the beauty in pretty much anybody. I do not just mean physical beauty. I love uniqueness in people, especially kids. The world is a weird and fascinating place.

These are absolutely fantastic- Wow... I'm inspired by your list! I love that you can see the beauty in everything; the world would be a much better place if others could do the same. :D
  • shovav91
    Options
    ^^
  • mskristac
    mskristac Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    1. my eyes
    2. my stretch marks - this is a win/loss but i love that they are a reminder of motherhood, my son and my accomplishment of achieving a natural water birth
    3. my legs
    4. my womanly shape
    5. my achievements thus far

what are yours? :)
  • mom2lyla
    mom2lyla Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    1. my eyes
    2. my stretch marks - this is a win/loss but i love that they are a reminder of motherhood, my son and my accomplishment of achieving a natural water birth
    3. my legs
    4. my womanly shape
    5. my achievements thus far

what are yours? :)

Same here with the stretch marks. My hubby and I joke that I got attacked by a tiger at some point in my life--but I wouldn't trade them. I remember watching each one crop up while wondering what the sweet babe growing inside was going to look like. What a wonderful time. I hope that someday they will fade, but if they don't I won't mind.