30 Day Shred Results with pictures

Options
Technically tomorrow is my 30th day of the shred; but I won't have time to do my pictures then, so doing it today. I started it on October 6, 2011. I did 6 consecutive days of Level 1, then 8 days of Level 2 (skipping weekends), then Levels 1 & 2 consecutively for 3 consecutive days, then 5 days of Levels 1, 2 & 3 consecutively; for a total of 35 actual workouts.

This totals up to:
14 Level 1 workouts
16 Level 2 workouts
5 Level 3 workouts

I lost 1.3 lbs

In inches I lost:
-1.5" off my stomach
-2" off my hips
-1" off my rear
-.25" off each upper arm
-1" off each thigh
-.75 off chest (under breast)
-1" off my breasts :-(

I added .5" to each calf (which is fine, because it's all muscle.) I see some difference in the pictures, but can tell a big difference in my clothes and stomach.

ADD* Let me add that when I started this, I had not exercised at all for years. I was having to stop and breathe every 2 or 3 minutes. I thought I was going to die the first 3 days. Out of shape was an understatement for me. I started doing all the easy moves and taking breaks (even though Jillian said don't stop.) As a move got to where it wasn't killing me, then I'd do the hard ones. My ankles, knees and wrists did take a beating, weekends off helped that, as well as braces on them. If my knees were hurting way bad, I modified the moves that were too high impact (you can Google this, but like jumping jacks with just the arms and no jumping.) That said, I did push myself very hard, but I wasn't an idiot willing to hurt myself either.

FrontViewgray001-1.jpg

SideGrayAfter001-1.jpg

FrontView1001-1.jpg

SideBlack001-1.jpg

Replies

• rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You look great! I did 30DS for like 15 days :\ I did't stick to it BUT I started Ripped in 30 Tuesday and I'm promising myself to actually stick through it.
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    wow! those pics really motivate me! great job! i am on day 4 of 30 DS :)
  • MonicaFisher
    Options
    Great Job!! I have it I just need to get motivated to do it:)
  • MsKekeSoFocused
    MsKekeSoFocused Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Phoenixsky13
    Phoenixsky13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great job! Im finishing up the shred now. Gave me that push to keep moving :)
  • Phroggygirl1
    Options
    Wow those pictures really motivate me to take that 30S out of the shrink wrap and do it. LOL
    I have owned it for nearly 2 months and have been so scared of Jillian Michaels that I haven't even opened the package.
  • regthelittleone
    Options
    Wow You look great. I started the 30 day shred last week.( but life got in the way- Oops!) You really motivated me to get started again!!! ( thanks) . You look like you lost alot. Congrats!!!!!!. You should be really proud!!!!
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You can tell the difference. Great job, you look fabulous!!!
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I can really tell the difference!:bigsmile: :drinker:
  • bbanks0520
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I can see the pounds falling off. I am new to this. Can anyone explain what the 30 day shred is?
  • KathyEarhart
    KathyEarhart Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Let me add that when I started this, I had not exercised at all for years. I was having to stop and breathe every 2 or 3 minutes. I thought I was going to die the first 3 days. Out of shape was an understatement for me. I started doing all the easy moves and taking breaks (even though Jillian said don't stop.) As a move got to where it wasn't killing me, then I'd do the hard ones. My ankles, knees and wrists did take a beating, weekends off helped that, as well as braces on them. If my knees were hurting way bad, I modified the moves that were too high impact (you can Google this, but like jumping jacks with just the arms and no jumping.) That said, I did push myself very hard, but I wasn't an idiot willing to hurt myself either.
  • KathyEarhart
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I can see the pounds falling off. I am new to this. Can anyone explain what the 30 day shred is?

It's a Jillian Michaels DVD workout you do at home. You just need weights (it says a mat, but I just use the rug in the living room.) I used 5 lbs weights, but from what I've heard, most people start with 3 lb. weights.

http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred/dp/B00127RAJY
  • bbanks0520
    Options
    Thanks for the information, I'll try it.
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Great job! I can see a nice difference!
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! The transformation is greatly noticeable. I am on Day 11 of the 30 Day Shred. I hope to get great results! Thanks for the motivation.
  • Dr_Farru
    Dr_Farru Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    That's pretty inexpensive workout DVD. I just ordered mine! Thanks for sharing!
  • KathyEarhart
    Options
    That's pretty inexpensive workout DVD. I just ordered mine! Thanks for sharing!

Definitely worth the money. I just bought Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 and 6 week 6 pack Abs and am going to do them next.

Thanks everyone!
  • Dr_Farru
    Dr_Farru Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yeah I put those on my wish list! :-)
    Thanks!
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 19 of the Shred. Love how strong I feel since I started it. For those of you that want to try it, but don't have the DVD, if you have a cable provider (I'm with Time Warner) you might check the exercise category of the OnDemand channel. Mine has quite a few of Jillian Michaels workouts on there for free, including 30 Day Shred.
  • KathyEarhart
    Options
    [img]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m215/jbekme/Weight Loss/slide5001-1-1.jpg[/img]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!