Those that eat primal/paleo?

Options
ok those of you that eat this way do you really count calories or just go by hoe full you are. I don't eat an abundance of fats or nuts mostly meat and veg and one fruit a day with my PWO shake. Just wanted to know. Thanks

Replies

• Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I still count. I believe eating this way really does help you eat less (just because you tend to be more full), but I don't trust myself.

I think managing calories in vs. calories out is still important.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    What Ang said. I'm just more accountable that way.
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I still count. I believe eating this way really does help you eat less (just because you tend to be more full), but I don't trust myself.

I think managing calories in vs. calories out is still important.

Yes same for me. I do eat some dairy still because I can get a lot of protein from my greek yogurt and I like it and it hasn't hindered me yet. I do find that hey, good fat makes me full thereby eating less! What a concept :)
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I still count.

But I eat a LOT of fruit so I don't really do it properly anyway.
  • mj_zepeda
    mj_zepeda Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I DO COUNT CALORIES....

THIS MIGHT BE HELPFUL

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread24580.html
  • KavemanKarg
    Options
    Everyone is different. Calories are one count. Total macro nutrient counts are another (Carbs, Protein, Fat, Water).

I worry only about the macro nutrients, and their ratios. I shoot for 10% or less calories from Carbs. Some days this means 50 grams carbs.

This works for me. I eat ALOT. I workout ALOT. I am way over on fat every single day and still I lose weight.

However, we are all different. I have no doubt there is a ceiling to how much I can eat in terms of calories, and total calories is a simple count to track total consumption. I just do not feel it is the most important.

Try a week with reduced carbs and increasing fat, then flip it and try it the other way. Find what works for you. Play a little. You will be eating this way your entire life so its worth a bit of time to investigate what YOUR body wants.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I dont count calories because I get too focused on calorie amount instead of eating good whole foods. I have mine set pretty high so I don't think about it. but most days I naturally stay around 1400-1600..
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I record so I can track my fat/protein/carbs. I find I'm naturally staying within my calorie range anyway.