OK to nuke peanut butter?

Options
Dave198lbs
Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
I love that peanut butter and usually eat it straight with a spoon since a serving is so small or I put it in a protein shake in the blender...but ..I use the kind that we have to keep in the fridge and it gets stiff....if I am going to spread it on some wheat bread or something..can I nuke it to soften it up?

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Options
    I love that peanut butter and usually eat it straight with a spoon since a serving is so small or I put it in a protein shake in the blender...but ..I use the kind that we have to keep in the fridge and it gets stiff....if I am going to spread it on some wheat bread or something..can I nuke it to soften it up?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    ya of course you can. SOmetimes for treats I make PB apples. poke a popsicle stick into an apple, melt some PB and pour it over the apple. Refrigerate until firm. Like a candy apple only yummier :flowerforyou:
  • mamashrub
    mamashrub Posts: 128
    Options
    ya of course you can. SOmetimes for treats I make PB apples. poke a popsicle stick into an apple, melt some PB and pour it over the apple. Refrigerate until firm. Like a candy apple only yummier :flowerforyou:

holy...that sounds freekin' AWESOME....
    I'm gonna try that someday..when I can actually EAT p.b...
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I've found that a little bit of time at a time works best. Does that sound redundant or what? OK what I mean is: nuke it for only like 8 seconds, then let it sit for about ten seconds. if it needs more, nuke it for another 8-10 secs. Not a lot at a time cuz it can separate and the dry part can scorch.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I nuke mine too. 15 sec for a full jar, less when the jar gets emptier.:smile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    Yeah, I nuke mine too. 15 sec for a full jar, less when the jar gets emptier.:smile:

why nuke the whole jar? are you using the whole jar for something? I thought I would just nuke the portion I am going to use???
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'd probably nuke the smaller portions.

I imagine when it's soft and pliable, you'd use less cause it would spread over bread (or whatnot) better.
  • drewzaun
    drewzaun Posts: 111
    Options
    I nuke it when needed. l love to mix a spoonfull in with some hot chocolate on a super cold day. MMMMM, tastes like a melted peanut butter cup. :love: I suppose this is not a good thing to say on a site dedicated to weight loss. :frown: Then again this may be why I am here:laugh:
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    OK drewzaaun!!! I just did this and omg its soooo good!! Your right its like a melted peanut butter cup:tongue: Thank you!!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

I wouldn't be re-nuking the jar. The fats in there can go rancid and that's more likely when it's exposed to heat and moisture. :smile: