For National Sandwich Day....

Options
LivyJo
LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
Whats your favorite Sandwich?

My go to sandwich is Peanutbutter and Honey with a little bit of butter on Safeway's Ancient Grains bread. So good! Great 1/2'd for a pre-workout carb/protein fuel.

Replies

• MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Currently lightly toasted bread with Philadelphia light, Marmite and cucumber... I know, love it or hate it!!
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    bologna with mayo and cheddar on fresh white bread. Not the healthiest but its my Favorite
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Currently lightly toasted bread with Philadelphia light, Marmite and cucumber... I know, love it or hate it!!

what is Marmite?
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Steak sandwich from a Deli....has to be from one though...they know how to cook their meats...mmmmm!!!! Still trying to find one near me...as ours closed down...sooo very :sad:
  • noctuae
    Options
    Haha. That's today? I made a tuna sadwich for lunch.

Plain sandwich thins (100 cal.)
    1 tablespoon reg. mayo (90 cal.)
    1 slice of ham, diced up into little pieces (20 cal.)
    1 can of tuna (140 cal.)

But my favorite sandwich is a Cuban Sandwich.
    Mmmm. Those are soooo good.
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Right now, since my life change, toasted 100% whole wheat, lean turkey, baby spinach and sliced tomato, yummm!

When is national sandwhich day?
  • noctuae
    Options
    Oh, man! I knew I was forgetting something when I made my sandwich today. :(
    I was gonna add baby spinach to it.

But yeah, your sandwich sounds really good. Thanks for making me hungy. lol
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options

what is Marmite?

I'm guessing you're not in the UK? It's yeast extract, VERY savoury, intense flavour - their tagline is that you love it or hate it, and I'm a lover :smile:
  • chooselifegail1
    Options
    I have found a couple of wonderful alternitives to bread. one is called Mr wheat, www.mrwheat.com they are a crispy rice cake type thing one is about the size of a small tortilla but at 16 calories a piece you can feel great about adding other ingredients that are higher in calorie like real mayo. the other product is by earthgrains and is called vegetable fiber wheat bread. it is 35 calories a slice and tastes just the same as any other bread! love love love it!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    National sandwich day. Sounds good!!
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Open face tuna melt!
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Patty Melt.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    ham and turkey with red leaf on an everything bagel thin. and then doused in pomegranate & red wine infused vinegar. no cheese nothing else, oh and some watermelon on the side mmmmmmmmmmm
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Anything from Mr.Pickles...hmmmmm
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    A big-*kitten* Reuben!!
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and half a banana on whole wheat bread :)

Didn't know that was today, but a pleasant surprise as that was my lunch.
  • Almiel
    Almiel Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian reuben at Follow Your Heart (California market/cafe). Alas I moved away and only get one when we visit family!

P.S. We have marmite in the US too but most people don't know what it is. I had some on an english muffin the other day!
  • brushe
    brushe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    The Peruvian extra cruncy (fritos) from Angie's Subs in Jax Bch, FL (ham, genoa salami, bacon, italian sausage, provolone, peruvian sauce)
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I work with yeast and yeast extract every day here in the lab, not really sure I could stomach that on a sandwich.
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Right now, since my life change, toasted 100% whole wheat, lean turkey, baby spinach and sliced tomato, yummm!

When is national sandwhich day?

Today is national sandwich day! Its the birthday of John Montagu, who invented the sandwich (smart man!):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Montagu,_4th_Earl_of_Sandwich

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2011/nov/03/national-sandwich-day-best-filling