Hi Everyone!

Options
Hello. I'm a 30 year old married guy who's on here looking to get into the shape I was a number of years back. I'm having a tough time eating right and am looking to get some hints and tips on easy to follow, weekly nutritional plans/guides. I looking to lost around 20-30 lbs, get back into competitive running, and just overall better shape. I'm recovering from a number of ankle, shoulder, and bicep injuries/surgeries over the past 2 years. If anyone has any advice, stories, etc.. about successes you've had, i'd love to hear them.

Replies

• creeperlegume
    creeperlegume Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great site for exceptional tools and support. I've only been logging for just over a week, but I've made my diary public for anyone to see. Feel free to take a look! Something is working as I've lost 10 pounds in six weeks! My goal then was to lose 20 pounds.....I'm half way there!
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Some tips I like to spread around.
    -Log Everything. All that goes into your mouth and all of the exercise you do.
    -Learn a little about nutrition, not just dieting
    -exercise, start where you don't over do it and increase as you can (increase speed, weights, or time)
    -allow yourself to make an occasional mistake, pick up start again
    -challenge your self, set small goals as well as big ones
    -Read, read, read. Surf weight loss blogs, profiles, web sites, exercise sites.
    -Stay connected with successful “losers” and healthy people. Listen to their difficulties and share yours.
    Good Luck! :smile:
  • omgzstef
    omgzstef Posts: 157
    Options
    Welcome & good luck! :)