Tracking calories in strength training???

I am doing cardio 2 times a week and strength 2 times a week i can track my cardio just fine but when it come to strength training i have no idea how to track the calories burned..any ideas?

Replies

• celewis2011
    celewis2011 Posts: 243 Member
    people told me to put it in as circuit training on the cardio
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    I'm having the same problem. Same issue with circuit training, too. I feel like the calories listed in MFP might not be accurate for my height/build/body weight, which is frustrating.
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Strength training is hard because it varies on how long you wait between sets, if you are moving fast, if you are using heavier weights. The best way for that is to use a HRM. There is strength training under cardio, but like I said, it all depends on you and could be really off.
  • tbrewst
    tbrewst Posts: 93 Member
    I track it under cardio and enter what my heart rate monitor says.
  • i don't currently have a heart rate moniter..are there some that arent too expensive?
  • birdinho
    birdinho Posts: 86 Member
    HRM is definetly the best way. Logging 25 mins strength training on here gives about 100-120 calories burnt.

My HRM said closer to 400 cals, which because of the intensity of the workout sounds about right.
  • liaalyn
    liaalyn Posts: 112 Member
    Wondering the same thing. I need to get an HRM or I feel like I'm countin calories burned wrong
  • Personally I just ignore it and if I go over my calorie count for the day don't worry that much.