Any nursing moms out here?

Hi! I am 38, and a first time mom. I am nursing my 3.5 month old & want to take advantage of the extra calories I am burning to boost my weight loss. Any one else in the same boat?

Replies

• Yep! Feel free to friend me. :)
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    I'm a nursing mom! :)
  • mom2lyla
    mom2lyla Posts: 123 Member
    11 months and counting! Feel free to add me!
  • I'm nursing too... my son is 6 weeks. :)
  • hmblank73
    hmblank73 Posts: 11 Member
    Any tips to get me started on this journey??? I know one thing I need to do....keep my hand out of the halloween candy :wink:

Congrats on all the little ones.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    My "baby" just turned 18 years old. I click on here to see the cute baby pictures.:bigsmile: I actually was a La Leche Leader year ago. You are doing the best thing for your baby and yourself.
  • keep my hand out of the halloween candy :wink:

I'm finding this sooo difficult right now! I've been trying to bake apples with cinnamon in the evenings to curb eating the candy :)
  • mom2lyla
    mom2lyla Posts: 123 Member
    Any tips to get me started on this journey??? I know one thing I need to do....keep my hand out of the halloween candy :wink:

Congrats on all the little ones.

If you don't already know about it, there is a great website for nursing moms put together by a lactation consultant. it has been my nursing bible this year!! has a lot of great suggestions regarding nutrition, too. all i can say is HYDRATE and don't cut back the calories too much or your supply may take a hit. if you have any questions from someone who's been there, i'd be glad to help. here's that website: www.kellymom.com
  • I'm nursing my little one, she's 2 1/2 weeks old!! I nursed with my first and lost all the baby weight while keeping my supply up. All I have to say is Hydrate!!!