need help withj a 40.40 /20 ratio

Options
I am trying to follow advice here. I have setup a custom program off of advice here.
I am trying to intake a flat 2200 calories.
I have read numerous posts of nuts/ eggs etc being healthy, problem is if I use eggs / nuts I go over fats.
My diary is open, just started the new 2200 yesterday but the foods I have listed are what is available to me. Pleas elet me know

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I woudln't worry too much if you exceed fats, especially when it comes to healthy one. Remember, fats don't make you fat, excessive calories do. The the only issue with high fat items is they come with a lot of calories 1 g of fat = 9 calories. My question have you looked into doing stuff like egg whites, chicken, turkey, etc.. as they are good protein lower in fat?
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Ditto. Unless your doctor has recommended you eat a low fat diet, there's really no reason why going over on healthy fats will hurt you. I'm hypoglycemic and my doc recommended I go low fat, and its working for me. But that does mean that nuts are now a treat for me rather than something I'd eat all the time. If I've got extra fat in my daily allowance that I haven't used and don't plan to, I can go ahead and have some. Its really all about planning.
  • mlh29
    mlh29 Posts: 40
    Options
    I am deployed active duty mil. If I had a choice i would be eating a lot more variety etc. Right now I have protein powders, some fresh veggies, eggs, and fresh almonda avail. I am waiting on tuna, and some more items to be sent.

The diet / values were recommended a respected member here so that is why I am trying to follow them.
    I understand, eggs, nuts etc are good fats but am just trying to keep very close to set guidleines.
    Thanks for the advice
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am deployed active duty mil. If I had a choice i would be eating a lot more variety etc. Right now I have protein powders, some fresh veggies, eggs, and fresh almonda avail. I am waiting on tuna, and some more items to be sent.

The diet / values were recommended a respected member here so that is why I am trying to follow them.
    I understand, eggs, nuts etc are good fats but am just trying to keep very close to set guidleines.
    Thanks for the advice

Well first I would like to thank you for your service. Second, the ratio's aren't super important. The biggest one is if you have a carb intolerance (more common in women). I switch my ratio's every 30 days to keep my body adjusting and active. I started with 40/40/20 but now I am 35/40/25 (or something like that).