Need your help please!

Options
Ok, if you know my situation you know that I have lost hearing in my left ear and I am experiencing vertigo. This is keeping me from exercising for obvious reasons. I have a great idea though. I don't want ot stop getting my exercise so I need to get creative. I realized if I were to do exercises laying down on my back or sitting I could still manage. I just can't go from 1 level to another or I may fall, pass out, etc. Can you help me come up with a variety of exercises I can do on my stomach, back or sitting that will raise my heart rate to keep up with my improving my health. I don't want to gain weight during this time or stop exercising. Please help! Thanks. Then I will make up a circuit of exercises to do each day:)

Replies

• Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    planks
    military or angled push-ups
    sit-ups or crunches
    bicycling in place (on back)
    leg raises
    butt raises (lower abs)

in a chair:
    hand weights
    (you can google tons of exercises there) for home...check it out, that way you have a visual too:wink:
    tri-cep dips
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    thanks, yes, I am trying to get seriously creative. Never had to break a sweat without standing. Should be interesting. I may try to incorporate some pilates- I have done pilates and know there are some exercises involved which are challenging but you lay or sit
  • cmreese777
    Options
    reptiles, ball pass, V ups, leg raises.... the list goes on and on. look on www.bodyrock.tv many of the exercises will move you all around, but there are just as many that are pretty much stationary. just go through the archives, its free. also you can write her and tell her your situation and she will surely help you find alternatives. i have seen her do it before for pregnant women and one person with a broken arm. lol! good luck to you!