Water

Options
Hi guys, quick question

I am not a great water drinker, but recently suffered a bout of migraines so have jumped onto the bandwagon and started drinking my 8 glasses a day (not as hard as i thought it would be!) however, am now really worried that i'm going to retain it all and balloon! does anyone else have this fear, or am i crazy?

if anyone has any tips, please post!
cheers guys
xxx

"every new meal is a new chance"

Replies

• Rhythrin
    Options
    Hi guys, quick question

I am not a great water drinker, but recently suffered a bout of migraines so have jumped onto the bandwagon and started drinking my 8 glasses a day (not as hard as i thought it would be!) however, am now really worried that i'm going to retain it all and balloon! does anyone else have this fear, or am i crazy?

if anyone has any tips, please post!
    cheers guys
    xxx

"every new meal is a new chance"
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I just started drinking all my water as of yesterday and I felt like i had to pee like ten times. I have hoit a plateau on my loss, so we will see if this can turbo-charge it. Fingers crossed :wink:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    i also have that fear....it's strange that they say the first couple weeks is losing water weight, so why would we bombard ourselves with more water....
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    i'm not an expert but i think it works opposite of what you would think... the more you drink the LESS you retain becuse your body recognizes that it will be replenished... :drinker: also drinking more water will help to flush out the sodium (which causes you to retain water) not sure if that is correct but drinking more water will help with weight loss!!! (@ the start you will pee alot... but it gets better, trust me :smile: )
  • hdtoolgirl
    hdtoolgirl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sodium is really the killer with water retention. I drink about 3 liters a day, and the peeing a million times subsides once your body gets used to it. I don't get bloated at all.
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    its really your sodium intake that will cause you to retain water, your body naturally flushes out and increasing your intake of water will help you to not bloat. the recommended daily allowance is .06oz of water for every pound of body weight...not nessicarly 8 8oz glasses!

try increasing slowly so your body can adjust otherwise you'll be in the potty every 10min :blushing:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I've been drinking my water like I should since I started on New Years. Sometimes I feel like I'm sloshing around, but I don't really feel bloated. It just never made sense....
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Yes.... Don't skip the water!
    Don't worry, the urge to pee every 1/2 hour will stop after a couple of days once your body gets used to drinking so much.... It's so good for you.
    Also, it dosn't necisarilly have to be water. Any fluid is good, EXCEPT soda or sugary crap like that..... I drink a ton of tea (green is wicked good for you...), so it's not like I'm ONLY drinking plain old water.:indifferent:
  • Rhythrin
    Options
    thanks guys, that is all sooo helpful!
    luck to you all
    xx