Clothes companies!

Not everyone who is fairly wide is also 7 ft tall!

I just bought some new clothes, granted from a catalogue. Gone from 5XL to an XL...width wise at least. XL width is perfect, cant fault that. However, it seems that anyone that width is also about 5ft 2 as well! Why are they so damn short! It needs to be the same width, but about 6-10 inches longer! If i lift my hand up, you can see my belly button!

So now i either wear t-shirts that are far, far too wide, but a nice length, or one that's a nice width, but far, far too short!

GAH!

Replies

• natachan
    natachan Posts: 149
    I have the same issue with pants. Apparently skinny people also have short legs, I always have to look for pants with longer inseams.

Have you considered taking your old shirts to a tailor to be taken in?
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Have you tried Eddie Bauer? I know their catalog used to carry a lot tall stuff....my brother is 6'5" and a big guy, so I used to shop for him there a lot.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Sewing machine. T-shirts are easy to alter.
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    OMG. Thank you! I have battled with this my whole life as a tall woman...does not make any sense to me either.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 610 Member
    Some clothing companies (like Old Navy) actually have clothes that come in petite, regular, and tall so that everybody can get what they need.

It's not perfect but when you're changing clothing sizes as you loose weight, you don't need the additional expense
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    My issue is with companies who think that women who are a large have arms like pencils.... Er no!!
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    I agree, I have the opposite problem. The pants I bought were about 5 inches too long even with buying petite. I discovered I had to buy longer "capri" or shorter "highwater" pants with 24-26" inseams because I am only 4' 6" tall with a 25 in inseam.
  • um... in san diego i know we have some "big and tall" stores. also... i dont know what your style is but y7ou should go online to dr. jays.com. they have a lot that is xl sizes and also tall.... but it is hip hop urban wear. if you dont like that you should still look because they have tall tees and stuff you could use.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Not sure if this is the case in the UK, but here there are web sites that cater specifically to big and tall where you can buy stuff specifically that fits most body types.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    And this is why I sew for myself.