Is Body Fortress Super Advance Whey Protein any good?

Options
Hi all,

I used to drink A LOT of protein powder, I love it because it keeps me full for about 6 hours and doesn't spike my blood sugar... I used to buy EAS Whey protein powder, and it expired on me so I bought the Body Fortress brand, does anyone know anything about it? I'm unfamiliar with it, I read the ingredients and nutritional facts and it sounds ok. If anyone could tell me any further information I would appreciate it!

Replies

• ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    This is Walmart's brand, right?

I have a friend who just bought some - I haven't personally had any or know the nutrition facts - but it sounds like it's about 1.8g protein per 10 calories, so pretty average.

I'd be curious to see what the ingredients are, too.....
  • californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Yes, Walmart. The ingredients are Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey protein isolate, Creatine Monohydrate, Taurine, L-Glutamine, Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine, Cocoa, Natural and artificial flavors, cellulose gum, soy lecithin, acesulfame potassium, sunflower lecithin, sucralose. I know what all of these ingredients are, so thats why I bought it.
  • mlh29
    mlh29 Posts: 40
    Options
    I have been using it for about 8 months. It seems about the same as others, just cheaper to buy. I buy online, get it sent home for free and save alot compared to the store price. I got 5 jugs for under 60 about 2 months ago.
    The cookies and cream is more like weak chocolate but not bad. It gets pretty decent reviews online. Most sy for the price it cannot be beat.
    I have used in the past, gnc, muscle milk and met rx, these all fo r me get about the same results, metrx is lower in calories and fat though, but 2 x the price.
    Good luck
  • californiansun
    Options
    Yeah, I don't drink them everyday so the cheaper one seemed like a better idea. The ingredients seems okay so i figured what the heck hah
  • missy5277
    missy5277 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    my husband drinks this brand and hasnt complained yet.
  • LSmela
    LSmela Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi!!
    I use the chocolate/peanutbutter flavor. I mix it with skim milk or water add a cup of spinach and flaxseed for my morning meal at times.. A good to go drink when on the run. I also like drinking the protein drink after I go to curves and zumba. It fills me up so I don't come home wanting to eat alot.
  • californiansun
    Options
    thanks all!