NEW TO MFP

Options
Hi Everyone,

I am new to MFP. I have tried several different diets, but nothing seems to work for me, so I am giving calorie counting a go after my sister recommended it. I have about 44 lbs to lose to get to my healthy weight, and 71 lbs before I get to my final goal weight. I would really welcome some support from anyone in a similar position so we can reach our weight-loss targets together. Any takers?

Lily

Replies

• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Hey Lily, congratulations on making such a great choice. MFP is terrific to help you monitor the calories..you might get better results if you also add a little cardio exercise to compliment your healthy eating plans :-)

good luck and I am sure you can achieve your goals :-)
  • omgzstef
    omgzstef Posts: 157
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend for some support, I'm in the same boat as you with all the diets in the past. Good luck :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    counting calories and excersing is the best way to lose weight. feel free to add.
  • erdelyt
    erdelyt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lily, congrats on joining MFP. I've been using it for almost a year and it's the single biggest catalyst for my losing weight. Anytime I want to take off for the day or "cheat", I have all of the data right there. It's really a good motivator. So, if you want that extra beer (or whatever), you know you have to do X minutes of workout to counteract it. Helps a LOT.

Good luck!
  • RoneaWhite923
    Options
    You can add me!
  • marinecpl2
    marinecpl2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree with erdelyt ... you need to have a cheat day to stay honest... just make sure that you stay connected, that was my error, quit logging, checking in and went backwards.

Good Luck, you have plenty of friends here