I belong in the weight room. :)

Options
My grandma fell and broke her hip a week ago. She had surgery and is now recovering. She is 90 years old. She was living in her own home, alone. She drove, worked 2x a week at the local thrift store and played cards and bingo her friends. Needless to say, she was very active and she hopes to regain her active lifestyle. I have always said she is the strongest woman I know. The following paragraph from an email my mom wrote this morning proves it:

"I talked to Gramma last night. She said she had the best day yet with little pain. She is doing well with her therapy--outperforming one of the men with her weight-lifting. I guess she's quite impressive to the workers and other patients. Go Gramma!"

If my 90 year old grandma can lift more than the men....well that's all the proof I need that the weight room is right where I belong! Go Gramma and go me! :happy:

Replies

• countrygirl_717
    Options
    This is so wonderful and so inspirational! I too feel like weight lifting is one of the best forms of exercise you can do for yourself! I'll be praying she has a speedy recovery!
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Wow..90 years old and lifting weights.... she totally puts me to shame. Well at least u know were ur passion from weight lifting is coming from and with ur grandma's bloodline, u r going to be just as awesome when u r her age :)

Wishing her a speedy recovery
  • SO adorable!! I love grandparents and older people, especially the active ones! They remind me that fitness is an essential part to your WHOLE life! :)
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    I love hearing this. This totally made my day! Good for Gramma, show those men!! Haha. Glad she's recovering well.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Seriously... this is awesome!! I love to read stories like this.

Hoping for a quick recovery for your wonderful grandmother!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful!! I also have a 92-year old grandma who walks the mall every day!

Weight lifting keeps your bones from getting brittle! Keep on lifting!
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    encouraging, and really great post. Kudos to your Gramma (and to you) - you've got good blood running through your veins :)
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic post.:wink: