When do you roll out the holiday merriment gear?

Options
2»

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I like to spend Black Friday decorating the house, listening to holiday music and getting *kitten* faced on good whiskey. Thanksgiving weekend wouldn't be the same without this.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    A lot of my outdoor lights are already up and just waiting to be turned on. My indoor stuff won't go up until the week after Thanksgiving.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I like to spend Black Friday decorating the house, listening to holiday music and getting *kitten* faced on good whiskey. Thanksgiving weekend wouldn't be the same without this.

Is there ANY better way to spend Black Friday? I think not.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I have my x-mas lights still up from last year cause they are a b*tch to put up... I don't light them until the week of Thanksgiving, same time I will decorate this year since we are spending x-mas away from home. My hubby wants to see the tree as much as he can without barging into Thanksgiving's holiday merriment!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I have very few decorations for this very reason. For Halloween I put out a black cat thing on the door, a scarecrow and a boo sign in a flower pot. All but the scarecrow came down when I turned off the lights on Halloween. A fall leaf wreath replaces the black cat door thingy and I am good to go until the first week of December. I'll then put Christmas wreaths on the door, and bay windows, a garland over the door and a decorated topiary next to the door. NO LIGHTS ON THE HOUSE! I hate lights on the house. Hate them!

We'll put up a tree the weekend before Christmas and we will take it down on New Years Eve or New Years day.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Black Friday - No stores, lots of decorations, holiday music, and schnapps.

It's going to be a challenge to figure out where to put a Yule tree in our itty bitty living room this year. It's been taken over by the elliptical and weights. :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Up - the day after Thanksgiving

Down - the day after Christmas :bigsmile:
  • runner3590
    Options
    As soon as the in-laws leave.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Dec. 1st. I like to give Thanksgiving its WHOLE MONTH.... lol. Its bad enough Christmas stuff is out in October now, makes me mad. And Christmas is my favorite holiday, but I just don't think it needs to hog 3 months of the year.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    As soon as the in-laws leave.

Hahaha. Decorations and lots of this... :drinker:
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Day after Thanksgiving. Any sooner and it just takes away from Thanksgiving
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    If it were up to me, most years it would be December 23.

You sound like my husband. I put the stuff up the day after Thanksgiving, he takes it all down the day after Christmas. :laugh: