How do you beat the plateau?

Options
I'm hovering at a certain weight and it seems like I'm stuck here. How do you get past this point? What needs to be done in order to break this and continue to lose weight? Any help will be appreciated.

Replies

• Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    more cardio, more water, a lot of prayers...LOL. Try more protein. Sorry I don't have more for you than that.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I can't view your diary but sometimes it can be that food needs to be re-evaluated. Sometimes more/less calories. Sometimes I amp up the workouts and that works.

Good luck!
  • Kaimana94
    Kaimana94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Change your calorie intake can sometimes work. Go up one day or two then down a day or two.
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Mix up your exercise, up your calories a little bit, drink plenty of water!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Too many factors to solve with 1 blanket answer.

How long have you been stuck, what are your stats and what is your calorie/macronutrient intake in grams, do you ever incorporate maintenance or cheat days, do you measure and weigh food, etc etc.

All of the above (and more) are important questions before anyone can provide an accurate answer beyond guessing, in my opinion of course.
  • cdemoura14
    Options
    try changing your calorie intake, eating more of your exercise calories, changing some of your workout routines. I had this problem about a month back and that helped a ton! The change in cardio, doing more circuit training at the gym (kind like going from machine/exercise to machine/exercise) was super helpful in burning more calories than I would initially been use to. Also, I found certain "super" foods that worked well with my body. One was avocado. This filled me up, filled me with good fat and nutrients that I continued eating it instead more of the processed foods I was use to eating! :) HTH!
  • ahaynes
    ahaynes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for you comments. I'm definitely going to incorporate a little of everyone comments in order to get past this.