losing 70lbs

Options
i have 70lbs to lose by next august and wanted people with similar goals, so we can get a bit of a network going and lose it together!

i am 5'3, currently weigh 189 and want to weigh 118. please write back if you have similar goals, it would be great to hear from you!

Replies

• flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 pounds shy of my total loss of 70 pounds. It's taken me about 18 months to lose. I still have 30 pounds to go. It's hard work, but it's worth it for your health!! You add me for support.
  • lightinurlife
    Options
    I was 193 now I'm 119. I'm 5' 3" and a half :) Feel free to friend request me if you'd like some support :)
  • darbym7
    Options
    im 5'5" and im currently 146, i wanna get down to at least 120. add me if you want :)
  • Angieeeebabayy
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and a half, weigh 202 and would like to weigh roughly 130. I would like to weigh 150/160 by April 2012. :)
  • blady135
    blady135 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have almost the same goals!! Im around 5'3, and my highest was 188 recently. Now I am at 177, with a goal weight of 120. Sounds like we both have a long way to go, but we can do it :)
  • GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Im a good bit older than you - but am 5'2 -

starting weight 218.8
    current weight 200.8

goal weight 138

Im in month 2 - feel free to add me.
    I like the forums and get a lot of information and inspiration with the success stories and pics
  • tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    i lost nearly 70 pounds. id love to support you!

here's my before and afters if you wanna look

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/379660-my-before-and-after
  • rainyday99
    Options
    Hi

I am 5'5 and currently 218 - first goal is to get to 150 and then I will see how I feel. Please add me and we can do this togther!

Raine :)
  • joeydeon1234
    Options
    I started just over a week ago at 315lb at 6'2. My goal is 250lb. I'm down to 308lb already! Lots of walking/jogging and for me NO FASTFOOD!!!
  • dkvote
    dkvote Posts: 58
    Options
    I too am 5'3" and in order to have a healthy BMI according to standards I needed to lose 108 lbs. I would be happy with 78 lbs! I have currently lost 23 lbs and I started Aug. 25th, 2011! Get lot's of supportive and motivated friends it really helps! I also have my diary open to friends and log everything...even bad days, it is a real eye opener! Add me if you like, gotta love new friends with similar goals!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I started at 215. I am currently around 145... I want to get to 135 but maybe less.. I am going to get my physical next wed. So I am not similar but if you want support I am totally cool with more friends :) btw my goal was 80lbs in 1year. I will totally hit it before as I have almost lost 70 and I am on month 9.
  • xmasbaby81
    Options
    5'4" weigh 256lbs I have lost 13lbs since June!! My goal is to be 175lbs in 40 weeks! tracking my food keeps me going never realized how many calories are in some food I enjoy eating. I can try to be support for you. My dietician says 2lbs a week is a healthy weight loss otherwise it is possible to put the weight back on quickly.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I've lost 76 since jan 11, Glad to offer support for you and any others feel free to freind me here. Each of you and all of you can do this. Lets rock n roll our way through it. We B Jammin'!
  • floreo22
    floreo22 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    wow, thanks for the fantastic response! we can all do this together... maybe it is worth making a closed group for those with about 70 lbs to lose, if anyone knows how to do fancy technical things like that?
  • Norton1971
    Norton1971 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started healthy eating after my holiday in August as I was 252lbs. My set my goal weight at 170lbs so I had 82 lbs to lose and now I have 47lb to go. It get easier over time. I found the first few weeks the hardest as it was a change of eating habits. But once I was over that hurdle, its been easier to choose which foods that are better for me. This site is briliant for keeping you focused and with lots of encouragement from others, it will help you alot.
  • shirlandmews
    Options
    I need to lose 60 lbs in order to be in myhealthy weight, I'm thinking about 10 more, but first, I want to see how I feel about those 60 ! ;)
  • kaciroberts1585
    kaciroberts1585 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I originally had 87 pounds to lose to hit my goal weight, now only have 79! Would love to go through this together! Good luck - you can do it!!
  • goodmonster
    Options
    I'm a tall one- 5'8, I've got about 70 lbs to lose now- so far I've lost 5. Just started about a week and a half ago. Whee!, I'd love to join up/friend up for some fabulous motivation!

I love coming on here because there is so much positive reassurance =D
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I just passed my 70 pound mark and it took me about 18 months to lose it I have about 40 left. Add me if youd like
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    We have similar goals :) I want to lose 80 pounds by next July. I'm currently 252 pounds (and 5'11"), I would love to be 170 by July, which would make me about a size 12 and very very happy!

Friend me if you like!

Katie