advice!

Options
Hey Guys,

Last night I did a killer workout and Im sore today. Should I still work out today or rest? What have you guys been doing that has been helpful?

Replies

• GratefulBayou
    GratefulBayou Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    General rule of thumb is to not workout mucles that are sore. They've earned a rest. :-)
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how sore. Light cardio won't hurt, but I wouldn't lift any weights.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'm of the "get back on that horse" camp. If I'm sore, that means I'm working muscles I haven't worked in a while, and I figure they probably need the work. But i *will* tend to go a little easier so that I don't risk injury.

I think Peacebone is right that it's an issue of "how sore"?
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    As long as you are only sore and not injured you can keep on working it! Hit it hard!! :)
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    I've been told to keep going, but don't over do it. Your body will tell you enough is enough - listen to and pay attention to it. Also drink plenty of water - water helps repair the muscles!
  • lsilly15
    lsilly15 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Its the achy muscle im feeling. i was thinking of just walking tonight, or maybe just do the eliptical.

Those lunges get you everytime ;)
  • rklein88
    rklein88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    When I'm really stiff and sore from a rough workout, I stick to walking the next day. Makes everything feel less tight and still allows me to work out :)