whey protein

I have chocolate & vanilla. I want different flavors.

Can anyone recommend a good brand that is low sugar, high protein. Not sure if they are all the same or not. And a decent price. Oh, and that has some flavor choices besides chocolate & vanilla.

also, is there a certain brand that is best?

Thanks.

Replies

• I like nst. You can get 5 pounds of it for 45 bucks at ballys. That's way cheaper than I see anything at gnc. Really like cookies and cream as well
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    I've found other flavors like Fruit Punch, Orange Creamcicle... just go to one of those nutrition shops and they have 'em.

Oh, I do really like the Jay Robb Orange Creamcicle flavor. No sugar - stevia sweetened. So yummy!
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    I use the Optimum Nutrition gold standard whey. They have a ton of flavors and the four that I have tried so far have been good.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    I'm going to give a bump because I'm curious too.

I've been using DotFit's vanilla whey that I bought at the gym. I think it's pretty tasty in milk (it tastes meh in plain water), but my friend says she can barely choke it down. It's pretty expensive, so I'm looking for a backup plan for when I run out.

I've heard of cookies and cream that sounds tasty, but not sure on brand or what brand is the best.

My favorite is plain vanilla and adding mixins - banana, berries, etc. If you don't like it plain, try mixing it up with some healthy additives.
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Hi Folks,

Please feel free to recommend products to each other, but refrain from adding links to sites, as referenced in this item from the forum guidelines:

1) No advertising or self-promotion. You may not post advertisements for other services, websites, etc. which intend to sell products or services for monetary gain. Any such links will be removed at moderator discretion without warning and could result in your posting privileges being revoked. You also may not make any posts from which you might financially benefit, i.e. "message me for more info", "I can get you free samples", "visit my site for more info", etc.

It's fine to recommend products, but it's best to let members find them on their own and decide where to purchase them.

Thanks,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • Thanks for the recommendations.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Hi Folks,

Please feel free to recommend products to each other, but refrain from adding links to sites, as referenced in this item from the forum guidelines:

1) No advertising or self-promotion. You may not post advertisements for other services, websites, etc. which intend to sell products or services for monetary gain. Any such links will be removed at moderator discretion without warning and could result in your posting privileges being revoked. You also may not make any posts from which you might financially benefit, i.e. "message me for more info", "I can get you free samples", "visit my site for more info", etc.

It's fine to recommend products, but it's best to let members find them on their own and decide where to purchase them.

Thanks,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
    Interesting. I have always interpreted that rule (and similar rules for other forums) to mean no advertising/self-promotion that would result in gain for me or my family & friends. In other words, I shouldn't promote the book I wrote or my cousin's auto repair shop. But linking to a specific product that I enjoy is out of bounds? Providing a link to Amazon so that someone knows the exact HRM watch I bought isn't OK? Because I've done that. Someone was asking about HRMs and I linked to the one I ordered. I did some research and found Amazon had the best price. I was posting the link to be helpful. I would see no gain from someone ordering the watch from Amazon.
  • April0010
    April0010 Posts: 178 Member
    I agree, Optimum Nutrition protein is yummy!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Hi Folks,

Thanks,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
    Interesting. I have always interpreted that rule (and similar rules for other forums) to mean no advertising/self-promotion that would result in gain for me or my family & friends. In other words, I shouldn't promote the book I wrote or my cousin's auto repair shop. But linking to a specific product that I enjoy is out of bounds? Providing a link to Amazon so that someone knows the exact HRM watch I bought isn't OK? Because I've done that. Someone was asking about HRMs and I linked to the one I ordered. I did some research and found Amazon had the best price. I was posting the link to be helpful. I would see no gain from someone ordering the watch from Amazon.

bumping to hear the answer to this
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Hi Folks,

Thanks,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff

Steven you removed a link I posted to bodybuilding.com's website that shows the OP the kinds of Optimum Nutrition proteins they can get. It shows nutritional information as well as the kinds of flavors. I do not work for bodybuilding.com, and it wasn't for my benefit at all. Not really sure why you removed it man.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    I have tried the Bananas and Cream (i think) EAS Whey and it made my tummy hurt....or maybe that was soy...hmmm...

I stick with chocolate and vanilla cause I normally add fruit and yogurt and make a smoothie with it.
  • Steven
    Hang tight, folks. I'm checking with Mike for clarification. Back in a moment.
  • Steven
    My bad, everybody, and thanks for calling me on it. Got some clarification from Mike. My apologies for jumping the gun.

Since the link is not intended for PERSONAL profit (though bodybuilding.com might make some $$$) I'm re-posting joejccva71's helpful link:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

Sorry for the confusion, thanks for calling me out!

Mmmm... Yummmy. Eating crow... Lots of Protein!:smile:

Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Thanks Steven. Really appreciate the clarification. That's a relief that we can continue pasting links for informational purposes.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Thanks for the clarification Steven.

It's just that the present wording of the forum rules is a bit vague on the subject. It doesn't specifically say that the monetary gain must be a monetary gain to the person posting the link.

• kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    My bad, everybody, and thanks for calling me on it. Got some clarification from Mike. My apologies for jumping the gun.

Since the link is not intended for PERSONAL profit (though bodybuilding.com might make some $$$) I'm re-posting joejccva71's helpful link:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

Sorry for the confusion, thanks for calling me out!

Mmmm... Yummmy. Eating crow... Lots of Protein!:smile:

Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
    Thanks for checking and clarifying.