Chili's are they kidding

Options
Looking at their menu to figure out what to eat for Dinner not that I ever eat Burgers - but really look at the sodium :noway:

Southern Smokehouse Burger w/ Ancho Chile BBQ
As Served
Cal -2290
Fat- 139
Sat Fat- 46
Carbs - 163
Prot - 93
Fiber - 11
Sodium - 6500

Replies

• RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    yea i know! its insanity!
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    They have some healthy choices not our ideal version of healthy. I usually get the pico de gallo sirloin and eat half of everything and drink lots of water. I think the margarita chicken or something similar to that isnt too bad either...
  • Mariposa187
    Options
    sorry dont know why if posted some many times
  • Mariposa187
    Options
    They have some healthy choices not our ideal version of healthy. I usually get the pico de gallo sirloin and eat half of everything and drink lots of water. I think the margarita chicken or something similar to that isnt too bad either...
  • Mariposa187
    Options
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    ok so that is like double my daily intake. guess I would have to super work out.... is it worth it? I don't go to chilies. ha
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    That's just insane. I'm not sure I could eat a full portion at Chili's now, even if I tried. Well, I could, but it would give me bubbleguts within five minutes.
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Yes, they are always in Eat This, Not That articles, and their burgers tend to make it to the "Not That' category most of the time!
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Margarita grilled chicken is only way to go at Chili's and even that isn't so great.. The shrimp fajitas would probably be ok if you omit the cheese and sour cream. Good luck!
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    Be very careful about their "salads".

For example their quesadilla explosion salad is 1400 calories with 2360 mg of sodium and 89 g of fat!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    can't you go somewhere else?
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    The chilli soup is fab and about 300 cals :)
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    I will never go to chili's again. When we went there, I ordered two side dishes - steamed broccoli and rice. I asked that nothing be added to it, just keep it plain. It came and I was happy at first because it was a cup of rice and broccoli on a separate plate. They sprayed the plate with some kind of butter/grease and completely ruined the value of the broccoli and the rice had butter in it also. I think it was 80 calories for steamed broccoli!! (It wasn't a planned trip and I only had 150 calories to work with.) I was very disappointed!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    That's fairly standard across the board for places like Chili's/Applebees
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

For example their quesadilla explosion salad is 1400 calories with 2360 mg of sodium and 89 g of fat!

Yeah but it is called "Quesadilla explosion" so if you cant tell that's going to be unhealthy just based on the name you should give up and go live under a rock. :laugh:
  • SAC0O3
    SAC0O3 Posts: 95
    Options
    I am too scared to look xD
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    When I went to Chili's, I got there grilled vegetable wrap. They served 3 wraps with it, I ate a 1/2 of one. That was enough, I don't know how much sodium was in it, lol
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    they have a salad on the menu thats 1300 calories. uh no thanks
    thank for the suggestions!
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    When I splurge though, give me everything they offer, and I'll eat it guilt free.
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options

Yeah but it is called "Quesadilla explosion" so if you cant tell that's going to be unhealthy just based on the name you should give up and go live under a rock. :laugh:

Still, people just think because it's call a salad it's low in calories. I know better, a lot of people do not. LOL!