crystal light

Options
I can easily drink 12 cups of water a day, however they are NEVER plain water, i always add crystal light or some other sugar free mix to my water, do you think this is stalling my weight loss or is this ok?

Replies

• gennybunny1
    Options
    Have you been losing every week? I think if it helps you get more water down, all the power to ya.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    As long as they are sugar free, I don't see that it could stall your weightloss. I put Crystal light in about half of my water intake and doesn't seem to stall my weightloss.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    My trainer said this is absolutely fine! It's more about hydration than anything else... and since they are sugar free they should not be hindering your weight loss.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It's fine.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Plain water is going to be better for you. Crystal light has artificial sweetners I believe, also every serving has about 5 calories so 12 cups a day will add up.

Having said that, I don't think it will stall your loss.
  • missy5277
    missy5277 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I was worried about the artificial sweeteners and all the stuff i read about how bad they are for you.
  • LadyNeshoba
    LadyNeshoba Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I think that if you're not using it all the time it should be fine.

I tend to add lemon concentrate to my water. Just to give it a little kick.

Now that it's cold I'll be drinking warm lemon water as well as some green tea. I figure...If it's cold...I might as well drink something warm :P

As long as you're hydrated and you're still losing...you'll be fine :)
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    If you're worried, you could gradually increase the amount of water you use per packet. I know in the summer I can drink just plain water, but in the cold months I need to add a little flavor. I use the CL packets, however, I use one packet and double the amount of water required.
  • k80fox
    k80fox Posts: 92
    Options
    If you're worried, you could gradually increase the amount of water you use per packet. I know in the summer I can drink just plain water, but in the cold months I need to add a little flavor. I use the CL packets, however, I use one packet and double the amount of water required.

I don't drink CL or any other water mix too often but when I do I usually put extra water like it was suggested above. You could also try alternating a glass of water and a glass of water with CL. I don't know about where you're from, but in Hawaii CL isn't as cost efficient as I'd like it to be so when I do buy it I usually try to stretch it as much as I can :smile:

As for if it could be stalling your weight loss, there is only one way to find out: Stop drinking it for a week and see if you notice a change. Good luck!
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I gave up drinking soda four years ago and now exclusively drink water with Crystal Light in it. I can't drink it any other way. I hate plain water, and I've not noticed it having an affect on my weight loss goals. Drink up.
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    I agree with the other people that it wont hinder your weight loss. The artificial stuff isnt the best for you but if it means that you drink more water then go for it. I hated water and only drank soda (diet and regular).. I decreaed my soda and added more crystal light until I had stopped drinking soda all together. Then I slowly decreased the amount of Crystal light that I put in my water until eventually I was only drinking water. Now I only drink water and occasionally unsweetened iced tea.