What's your MOTIVATION?

Options
2»

Replies

• inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    1. clothes in my closet that are about ten to twenty pounds too small.
    2. i've never had a decent body before.
    3. i want to be fashionable. right now i'm living in tshirts/jeans.
    4. business suits and blazers, and looking good in them.
    5. going home to see my family periodically.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    This is a FABULOUS idea!!!! I try to avoid seeing pics of me that I hate! But what a great way to use that as motivation... Gold star and I'm going to totally steal this idea! THANKS!
    I took all those awful pics of myself looking particularly chunky and taped them all over the monitor of my treadmill. Now when I want to push the STOP button I have to look at them. It keeps me on for the full hour :D
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Well, the hottest girl other than me! We can hang out together and make the rest of the girls feel bad about themselves with our amazing hottness! :devil: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Health- fight off diabetes.
    Beauty- I'm gonna be the hottest girl in the room.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I wish you much luck on all of your goals..... especially # 2... making your ex-fiance jealous!!! I'm sure he has already realized what a catch he let get away....
    1. I'm just tired of being flabby. I've wanted to be toned and fit my whole life and I guess I finally realized that there wasn't really anything keeping me from doing so.

2. I got dumped by my fiance not very long ago. I want to a) make him jealous and b) feel confident about meeting new people. This was really helpful to break through my multiple years plateau.

3. I ride horses and want to do so as a career. It is a sport so I need to treat myself as an athlete. A svelte rider looks better and is taken more seriously than a flabby one. Plus I'd feel bad about getting on young horses if I weighed as much as I did.

4. My life has been a bit stressful lately and I am basically coming out of a bit of a quarter life crisis. What I eat is one thing I can control, exercise helps me manage stress, and altogether taking control of my fitness makes me feel better about pretty much everything.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    There has been much more publicity for plus sized models lately... some of them who are called "plus-sized" I think are just pretty much normal.... But it is awesome to see REAL looking women these days in mainstream modeling! I think we will have healthier self-images because of it..... HEALTH should be a motivating factor!!!!!! Great big and fat is NOT healthy...neither is stick-thin and anorexic! AND I think having a healthy LOVE for yourself and your body is a MUST!!!! :drinker:
    Gah. I just think she is the prettiest thing and she's really redefining the fashion world by being a plus sized model!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    1) diabetes. no longer have it. now just need to keep it in check.
    2) 5K's done 2. want to complete one before the end of the year w/o taking any walking breaks.
    3) clothes. total Star Wars fanatic. I got some cool jackets and hoodies that are 2XL. they fit now but very tight. want to get to the point they fit fine.
    4) no longer needing to order clothes online. I can actually find stuff in stores now. though it's a little difficult sometimes with shirts cuz I am 6'3.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    THis is one of the models from Hips and Curves (LOve, Love, LOVE Hips and Curves!!!!!) They have beautiful plus-sized models! AND, I just bought this very peice of lingerie last week!!! It's really adorable! And my husband LOVES it! He likes me in pink... it's not my favorite color, but he always says I look really pretty in pink and likes me to wear it :wink:

hipsandcurves.jpg
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I'm a "closet Trekkie"!! :drinker:
    I Love 5Ks too!!! And AWESOME that you have done 2 already this year!!!! Hit up a Turkey Trot... They always have those everywhere!!! You will so hit your goal!!!!!! :drinker:
    1) diabetes. no longer have it. now just need to keep it in check.
    2) 5K's done 2. want to complete one before the end of the year w/o taking any walking breaks.
    3) clothes. total Star Wars fanatic. I got some cool jackets and hoodies that are 2XL. they fit now but very tight. want to get to the point they fit fine.
    4) no longer needing to order clothes online. I can actually find stuff in stores now. though it's a little difficult sometimes with shirts cuz I am 6'3.