anyone have a recipe for rice milk ice cream? (no dairy)

Options
does anyone have a good dairy free recipe for ice cream using rice milk?

thanks!

Replies

• himiller3
    Options
    bump
  • tazer20
    tazer20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tend to use this website: http://veganicecream.blogspot.com/
    It's not an active blog, but there are a lot of good recipes. They all use soy milk but I have used almond or rice milk just as sucessfully.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    you can use that in place of any milk right?
    last night i made ice cream in my ninja blender. used frozen strawberries, sugar, vanilla and cream. gave some to the kids right when it was done, and put mine in the freezer to harden up a bit. could get exact amounts if youre interested
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    you can use that in place of any milk right?
    last night i made ice cream in my ninja blender. used frozen strawberries, sugar, vanilla and cream. gave some to the kids right when it was done, and put mine in the freezer to harden up a bit. could get exact amounts if youre interested

i'm not sure if you could substitute one for the other, )i'm guessing the dairy fat helps make the "creaminess" but i'd be willing to give it a go if you'd like to share the exact amounts! :-)
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options

i'm not sure if you could substitute one for the other, )i'm guessing the dairy fat helps make the "creaminess" but i'd be willing to give it a go if you'd like to share the exact amounts! :-)
    1.5 C frozen strawberries
    1 C cream or milk of choice
    1/3 C sugar
    1 tsp vanilla
    blend until well processed, freeze to harden if wanted

it was the first time we made it, and it was really good, but i think next time ill use a bit more strawberry
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    My aunt (a vegan natural foodie) recommends the book Lick It. She makes the most amazing vegan ice creams! I think that coconut milk makes the best, but they also have quite a bit of fat. However, research says that coconut milk/oil are good for you when you're trying to lose weight/gain ultimate health.