Superbowl Sunday Plan?

Options
amunet07
amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
In the past I used to enjoy all the Super Bowl foods... I actually looked forward to Super Bowl for that reason... This year I'm not quite sure what to do... Should I try to break that habit since all I am really looking forward to on that day other than food is the commercials rather than the football; and make it an ordinary Sunday. OR try to figure out a few Super Bowl foods... somehow make them lighter in calories and try to watch my portions?

What are your "game plans" ?:tongue:

Replies

• amunet07
    Options
    In the past I used to enjoy all the Super Bowl foods... I actually looked forward to Super Bowl for that reason... This year I'm not quite sure what to do... Should I try to break that habit since all I am really looking forward to on that day other than food is the commercials rather than the football; and make it an ordinary Sunday. OR try to figure out a few Super Bowl foods... somehow make them lighter in calories and try to watch my portions?

What are your "game plans" ?:tongue:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i plan not to overthink it. i am going to make good choices when i visit my friends house for the game, or eat before i go so i wont be as likely too while i am there.

wishful thinking though! i just hope i dont blow it! :grumble:
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make some "revised" Super Bowl foods and spend the game with my family. I'm going to make chicken nachos by putting baked tortilla chips in a 9x13, top them with baked, shredded chicken (maybe with some salsa or taco seasoning mixed in), then some reduced-fat cheddar and put in the oven until melted. Top with ff sour cream, jalapeno slices, and black olives.
  • Cerabell18
    Options
    If I go to any parties, I will just watch what I have and make sure to exercise for at least an hour. One guy said he was going to serve the food at the link below.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/28/dining/28bacon.html?_r=1&no_interstitial

It's called the Bacon Explosion, contains bacon, cheese, sausage, at least 5000 calories per loaf and 500 fat grams. Hello heart attack!
  • amunet07
    Options
    If I go to any parties, I will just watch what I have and make sure to exercise for at least an hour. One guy said he was going to serve the food at the link below.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/28/dining/28bacon.html?_r=1&no_interstitial

It's called the Bacon Explosion, contains bacon, cheese, sausage, at least 5000 calories per loaf and 500 fat grams. Hello heart attack!

Wow! Yikes! I bet it tastes good though. :laugh:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna make some of the recipes from sparkpeople, but I also know I'll have some beers, so I'm with the other person who said not to over think it. Sounds like you really enjoy the whole superbowl idea and commeraderie, so enjoy, one day will not set back all the success you've had! Congrats on your loss so far, can't wait to say the same for myself!:drinker:
  • amunet07
    Options
    I'm gonna make some of the recipes from sparkpeople, but I also know I'll have some beers, so I'm with the other person who said not to over think it. Sounds like you really enjoy the whole superbowl idea and commeraderie, so enjoy, one day will not set back all the success you've had! Congrats on your loss so far, can't wait to say the same for myself!:drinker:

Thanks! You will be right there with me in no time! I'll have to check out those receipes!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I never do anything special for the superbowl but this year I am going to have my parents over for dinner (weather permitting)

I am making cut up chicken breasts sauteed with broccoli, bell pepper, onion, green beans (maybe other veggies if I find some on sale) in a red wine vinegar with white rice on the side....yum, can't wait! :bigsmile:

I'm going to try and find a football shaped serving dish so it's sort of superbowl themed lol
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    Gonna keep it low key..... definitely watch the game but nothing big. I'm the only fan in the house. Hubby couldn't care less.