At home exercise ideas

Options
Ive recently had a baby so going to the gym is out of the question and I'm not in area to take walks. Does anyone have any good ideas for exercising at home?

Replies

• Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Exercise videos.
    Dance with your baby.
    Pushups, situps, squats, burpees.
    Hand weights.
    How come you can't walk?
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Sorry it posted my reply twice.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Workout dvds, at times I even jog/run around my house (when the kids aren't watching of course)- squats, lunges, jump rope, in place jogging while watching tv. I have free on demand workouts through my cable provider and use them occasionally. I haven't stepped foot in a gym since I started my journey. I am hoping to get a used treadmill from craig's list soon though.
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
  • rdvincent
    Options
    if you have a wii the wii active is really good, they also have a wii active" more exercises" that does sit ups and stuff, I promise it will give you a good work out
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Youtube has tons of workout videos! Check out 8 minute abs on youtube, it's fantastic.
  • Mytmouse33
    Options
    Country curvy road not safe to walk on.
  • ONE03
    ONE03 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I love power 90 -- cardio and strength training. :)
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    Options
    I've lost 64 lbs. without setting foot in a gym, thanks to workout DVDs (30 Day shred, Ripped in 30, The Firm Express), a treadmill, and some dumbbells.

You can do it!
  • lschramm
    lschramm Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    www.exercisetv.tv Someone on the boards directed me to this. Tons of free full length workout videos. It's just plain awesome, I can have a new workout video every day! I get bored really easily. All you really need is a computer, and some floor space.
  • californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I bought a gold gyms stationary bike (20 dollars). It just has the pedals so you can sit on the couch and do it while you watch TV. I have hand weights that I do too. I do crunches/situps, push ups, etc at home. I dance when I'm cooking/cleaning/blow drying my hair haha. With a new baby, you will stay moving so I wouldn't worry so much! Get creative with things around the house as well, I use the back of my chair to do squats/dips (Butt to the back of chair, dip down)
  • Mandalynnhoffman
    Mandalynnhoffman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing TurboFire. It is SO much fun!! the music you exercise too is awesome! and the trainer, Chalene Johnson, is a great motivator! search for it on youtube and you can see the infomercial!
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    www.exercisetv.tv Someone on the boards directed me to this. Tons of free full length workout videos. It's just plain awesome, I can have a new workout video every day! I get bored really easily. All you really need is a computer, and some floor space.

This may have just changed my life... thanks!