Exercise data base

Options
Hi there are so many exercises that are commonly used in training programs that are not in the data base. I know one can add them but how do you know what calories are burned doing them.

Some examples include: Burpees; Mountain climbers; star jumps, ski jumps, plank.. Obviously there are more but those are the ones I do the most.

Can anyone tell me how to ask them to add them or how to calculate the calories used?

Replies

• LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Using a heart rate monitor is going to be the best way to know caloric burn for exercise, although hrms have a larger margin of error for strength training vs. cardio.

Because caloric burn depends on many factors, what I burn doing 15 min of burpees will be different than what you burn :)
  • mrandolph69
    mrandolph69 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Get a heart-rate monitor. I have a Polar FT7 and can't imagine exercising without it. It will estimate how many calories you burned.
  • AliStroebs
    AliStroebs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks both of you .

I just wanted my "Myfitnesspal" record to be as accurate as possible when I log it.

I do have a HRM but I can't see each exercise so when I want to record each exercise done and have it add up to the right cals it would be nice to have them in the data base :)

Thanks for your suggestions!
  • kendallc54321
    Options
    I usually log these types of exercises under 'Calisthenics', which usually consist of bodyweight exercises (from Greek, kallos-beautiful + sthenos-strength), this is in the myfitnesspal database.
  • AliStroebs
    AliStroebs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kendall