have you tried alli

wondering if anyone tried alli to your weight loss journey?

Replies

• Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    One friend of mine did and lost about 25 pounds. she looks good but she Pooped ALOT!!! Practically had to wear a diaper!
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    No, but my friend did and he crapped himself. Yes, true story. Don't do it- google reviews. This has happened to a lot of people who have taken it. Just stick to the old fashioned way. It seems slow sometimes but I promise if you stick to it you're going to see results.
  • I was wondering about Alli. Scared of the side effects.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    I've heard it's the *kitten*. True story.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    I guy I know said his girlfriend used to leave "pizza grease" stains on her mattress.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,380 Member
    I am too scared of the undesirable side effect.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    2 words

ANAL SEEPAGE
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    I have taken Xenical, which is the same drug but double the strength, and did experience some unwelcome side effects which ultimately made me quit. However, its a negative reinforcement drug right? If you eat poorly while you're taking it, you will experience the negative effect and hopefully that will motivate you to eat better to avoid the same effect from happening again. So, it actually does work as a behavior modifier. Cheat=Poop you pants=Don't cheat=Lose weight ;) I'm not endorsing it, just saying, there's a method to the madness!

Thats my thoughts on it.

Katie
  • No, not me personally but my friend is on it. She hasn't had any problems as she monitors her fat intake strictly (if you eat more then a certain amount of fat, you crap yourself supposedly).

She also gains anywhere from 4-6 pounds from a cheat day, which indicates that tablets are a short term fix. I wouldn't recommend it.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Quick fixes are pure fail, unless of course you like orange grease coming from your butt. If that's the case, enjoy! :drinker:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    "Anal Leakage" doesn't sound like fun. But it would be a great name for a punk band.

From what I've read, it blocks your absorption of dietary fat. Dietary fat doesn't make you fat. Too many calories does. I could see it being useful for someone who binged on greasy fries and stuff like that, and wants a reason to curb those cravings. (Because stomach cramps and pooping myself would certainly turn ME off those foods!) But for the average person, I'd say not necessary. At all.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    :sick:
  • mimi_i
    mimi_i Posts: 10 Member
    i did tried it and to be honest it really didn't help me at all,
    i didn't even bothered to finish the bottle the only thing it did for me is messing up digestive system.
    it took me awhile before i could go the bathroom like i used too.
    so my advice don't bother spending your money on it
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    I have taken Xenical, which is the same drug but double the strength, and did experience some unwelcome side effects which ultimately made me quit. However, its a negative reinforcement drug right? If you eat poorly while you're taking it, you will experience the negative effect and hopefully that will motivate you to eat better to avoid the same effect from happening again. So, it actually does work as a behavior modifier. Cheat=Poop you pants=Don't cheat=Lose weight ;)

Thats my thoughts on it.

Katie

Food with fats in them are not inherently bad for you.
    eta: NOR do they make you fat.
  • Rohnic
    Rohnic Posts: 82
    "Anal Leakage" doesn't sound like fun. But it would be a great name for a punk band.

OMG! hahaha
  • annanoel21
    annanoel21 Posts: 87 Member
    wondering if anyone tried alli to your weight loss journey?

i tried it for 3 days and said no thanks. Id rather not have to run to the bathroom at random moments. Horrible side effects. Only took for 3 days yet it took a week after i stopped taking it to get out of my system.
  • I use alli. It works phenomenally and you really only have to use it if you stray off course and eat something high in fat and grease. The only side affect that i've noticed is grease in your stool. As long as you're careful you shouldn't have any "accidents". I highly recommend it to anyone who is dieting but having trouble avoiding the occasional cheat day. Obviously cutting the fat and grease from your diet is the best option, but if it was that easy we all would be skinny. Just my opinion
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,343 Member
    I guy I know said his girlfriend used to leave "pizza grease" stains on her mattress.

lovely sight I bet
  • i take xenical which is just double strength alli - i have no probs with it, as long as i stay within my fat allowance - no anal leakage here!
  • hbdub7
    hbdub7 Posts: 61 Member
    yes anal leakage is def what happens...it smells and it is like a orange oil...they recommand you wear dark pants and or a pad to help sepage...it is a fat blocker basically so you just poo it out...but the whole point of the diet is not to eat fat...if you still to the recommanded diet you should not have the poo problems...but it is nasty!!!